AS6104T 4-Bay with a red light on tray 2

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jp_austin
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS6104T 4-Bay with a red light on tray 2

Post by jp_austin »

I recently purchased a AS6104T 4-Bay and installed 4TB WD Red drives in it. It's been a great system and replaced a system that I had for about 10 years! Well the four drives when they arrived were loose in the shipping box. Two of the drives failed immediately but the other two were OK. Amazon was great and shipped me two new drives - properly packed! All was running as expected until recently when one of the original drives is now reporting a SMART error. Storage manager reports the drive as ABNORMAL. If I do a SMART disk doctor on it it fails for a CURRENT_PENDING_SECTOR error. I requested a RMA disk drive from Western Digital to replace the faulty drive.

My question is once the drive arrives can I just snap the old drive out and replace it with the new one? I have the system setup with a RAID-5 configuration so I think it's that easy. Am I missing anything? Is it really just that easy? Will the system rebuild the new drive and I can go on my way? Sorry for all the questions but I have never had to replace a drive in my RAID5 setup's till now. I guess I was lucky before.
orion

Re: AS6104T 4-Bay with a red light on tray 2

Post by orion »

Yes, RAID-5 can afford one disk failure. So simply replace the failed disk with a new one (size should be the same or larger), NAS will re-build RAID-5 volume automatically. And, of course, you are able to check the progress under ADM web page.
jp_austin

Re: AS6104T 4-Bay with a red light on tray 2

Post by jp_austin »

Replaced the faulty drive last night. Took about 16 hours to rebuild the drive but it was painless (just hot swapped the drives). Never had such an easy drive failure fix. Everything worked like it should have and no loss or downtime. :o

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”