AS6202T HDMI not connecting Denon AVR-X2000

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mesuteryilmaz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS6202T HDMI not connecting Denon AVR-X2000

Post by mesuteryilmaz »

Hi everyone,

I am having to the following problem with my new AS6202T :

Scenario A : NAS connected directly to TV
(AS6202T HDMI <===> SAMSUNG TV HDMI)
works fine no problem at all.

Scenario B : Use Denon AVR-X2000 as intermediary device between NAS and TV
(AS6202T HDMI <===> HDMI - Denon AVR X2000 - HDMI <===> SAMSUNG TV HDMI)
Normally it should work. But it's not working. All I get is "NO SIGNAL".

any idea? thanks in advance

Mesut
father.mande

Re: AS6202T HDMI not connecting Denon AVR-X2000

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
mesuteryilmaz wrote:Hi everyone,

I am having to the following problem with my new AS6202T :

Scenario A : NAS connected directly to TV
(AS6202T HDMI <===> SAMSUNG TV HDMI)
works fine no problem at all.

Scenario B : Use Denon AVR-X2000 as intermediary device between NAS and TV
(AS6202T HDMI <===> HDMI - Denon AVR X2000 - HDMI <===> SAMSUNG TV HDMI)
Normally it should work. But it's not working. All I get is "NO SIGNAL".

any idea? thanks in advance

Mesut
Generally (but exception exist) ... it's due to the fact that the AVR don't send (or send incorrect) EDID (resolution and sound characteristics) of the hardware connected
for ex. if the AVR don't send back the EDID from the TV and just change the sound capabilities ...
or if the cable is too long or low class ... etc. etc.

The thing to do is :
1 read the Xorg.log file just before, when connect and after you plug the AVR
... then use xrandr to display the NAS visbility of the link
2 test when you are sure that TV is power up and connected to the good HDMI then power up the AVR connected to the NAS (because if TV is not connected AVR can't know the TV EDID ... )
... to see if some difference exist
3 remember that even if signal comes ... you must change application to use pass-through for other encoding than stereo (configuration MUST match you AVR capability)

The problem is that hundred of different TV exist with different firmware (Android, private, Tizen, etc. etc. ) and hundred of AVR box ... so not easy if the provider don't have the same hardware as you ...

For my own (but sure this is not a solution for lot of people) I use, to solve "no signal" error, HDMI Plug with pass-through with programmable EDID ... with this you can be sure to not be dependent of long cable, bad EDID, etc.
I clone the TV EDID and put it at back of the NAS ... but it's a little complex and have a cost ...

So try first using the debug tools ... or call support to open a direct access for the support ... they are able to read for you the log (ex. teamviewer session on a PC with access to the NAS) ... you can see what happens ... and exchange with support for local hands on ...
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
orion

Post by orion »

On the other hand, you may try to change HDMI output resolution under ADM web -> Asustor Portal to see if it helps.
bimbo

Post by bimbo »

father.mande wrote: For my own (but sure this is not a solution for lot of people) I use, to solve "no signal" error, HDMI Plug with pass-through with programmable EDID ... with this you can be sure to not be dependent of long cable, bad EDID, etc.
I clone the TV EDID and put it at back of the NAS ... but it's a little complex and have a cost ...
Hi,

please can you tell, which EDID adapter you use?

thanx
Asustor AS6204T, 16GB Ram, 4x 6TB HGST Deskstar NAS, ADM 3.0.4.RCQ1
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
bimbo wrote: Hi,
please can you tell, which EDID adapter you use?
thanx
Multiple exist ... (after tests) I use Lindy 32103 (emulator adapter) and Lindy 32100 as emulator programmer
... this choice also (separate programmer / plug) is because I use multiple plugs (so the cost is reduce, only one programmer plug are less expensive ... ) ... but other model (other brand) exist with the two integrated

Don't forgot ... that I know exactly what I do (or I believe) and know how to debug and verify if all works as I want

Philippe.
bimbo

Post by bimbo »

Hi Philippe,

many thanx for your reply.
So if i read it right, the Lindy has an fixed EDID and will work with on 1080p without programming it ? i have only one device and use only 1080p.
But whats not clearly, i read that there is no sound? Doest that mean, there is no passthrough of sound?

Totti
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
bimbo wrote:Hi Philippe,
many thanx for your reply.
So if i read it right, the Lindy has an fixed EDID and will work with on 1080p without programming it ? i have only one device and use only 1080p.
But whats not clearly, i read that there is no sound? Doest that mean, there is no passthrough of sound?
Totti
As I write ... it's complex ...
An HDMI plug pass-through (lIndy include) have default EDID response ... (generally based on Windows request)
... this response can't be cover all the cases
... BUT this response concern TV or TV + audio receiver (connected to TV) ... so can cover or not

The pass-through mode (audio) in server (like NAS) put the audio configuration in RAW mode and send without analyse, process, configuration ... through the HDMI port ... up to a recover (AVR or ... ) to get the RAW flow and analyse it and play it (if able)

The EDID must send a response that cover all the case (stereo, 5.1 , raw mode) so the NAS can know ... it can send in this mode the audio

programmer permit to get the full response done by your TV through your AVR to the NAS .... and reproduce it even if one element is out
NAS always think it's possible to use all the audio method (including RAW mode) ... even if for any reason the AVR / TV or ... don't send a correct response

So a plug is only interesting if for any reason the response receive (or not) by the NAS is incorrect, incomplete or none

In other case ... you don't need it ... if your NAS see the HDMI audio, is correctly configured (audio then pass through) ... the plug is not requested ...

I can't guaranty that all works immediately and without configuration (lot of models provide emulator and programmer in a box), this require an analyse of each step and each problem ...
And i can't be sure your settings are correct in front of the link you want to use ... (multiple parameters)

I can't be in front of your own links and system ... I can just explain how (for my own) I have solved all my problem (no signal, HDMI look at disconnected ... even cable is connected and receiver up, too long cable, etc.)

Philippe.
bimbo

Post by bimbo »

Ok, i understand.
Problem for me is the same like the op write and i have the same config (only other TV): when the receiver is off, i have sometimes no HDMI output on the NAS.
I have order now an"Ligawo 6518763 HDMI EDID Manager" and will see if it work.

Thanx for you detailed answer!

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”