HDMI - "no signal"

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Hard-Boiled
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

HDMI - "no signal"

Post by Hard-Boiled »

Hi,
i got a brand new AS6210T this weekend and installed it from scratch.

- Storage and RAID is working
- The system also installed the newest ADM from the web, so now it has ADM 2.6.5.R9N1
- i also went to the web, identified the machine and installed some apps (including their prerequisites), e.g. Portal and KODI

So far, so good, 2 issues however, FIRST one is with HDMI-signal :
- even when connected properly to my TV (LG47), there is a "no signal" message at the TV-screen
- tried all 4 HDMI-inputs at my TV (all HDMI-Inputs are working with other equipment) -> no success
- replaced the HDMI-cable (a HDMI cable with Ethernet) with an old one (HDMI without ethernet) -> no success
- replaced the TV with a PC-Monitor -> no success

- also tried to use APP-Portal from my PC with the Resolution/Rescan function -> no success
Sometime it lasts forever, improving nothing, sometimes i gives an Unknown errlr : Ref 5015"

I'm stuck, i wanted to use this as a multimed-center and don't get this to work now ;-(

All hints/advises welcome.
orion

Re: HDMI - "no signal"

Post by orion »

Did you try to set a specific resolution, ex: 1080p, under ASUSTOR Portal? If it is still not working, I think you should send a support request to asustor to check it. https://support.asustor.com/
Hard-Boiled

Post by Hard-Boiled »

Hi orion, many thanks for your reply. Yes, i tried several resolutions, it didn't help.

In the meantime i got access to an AS304T, running at ADM 2.5.1.RB62. I switched LAN and HDMI cable between AS62 and AS3 , and...HDMI signal with AS3 is working !

I'm starting to think, that this may be a problem with :
- the ADM version at the AS62 or
- the HDMI hardware in AS62

I'll try to find out, whether there is a way, to find out, whether this is a hardware issue, without sending the AS62 back.
Thanks for your suggestion, so, support will be the next step.
linuxares

Post by linuxares »

Same issue, need to restart the portal to get it to live again. AS6204T here.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

No signal can have multiple cause :

1 the cable (ex. when HDMI plug is fir 4K vs 2K)
2 The cable ... some HDMI plug (on main board) have not the same physical interface (to support extended HDMI mode)
3 The IGP itself or it's driver ... that don't identify the EDID send by the TV or monitor (so can be linked to Intel)
4 The cable size (rare but easy to test with a short one) ... due to an insufficient shielding
5 Pure software when Xorg receive the EDID (malformed or incomplete for other reason ... )
etc. etc.

A possible workaround that work in lot of cases is to use an HDMI plug at back of the NAS (I use it) ... to propose a good response and permit after to use any cable, length , extender or what else ... but this it's an additional cost ... (I suppress 100% of "no signal" on Asustor or other brand model ... with it)
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7749

I do not advice or not advice this ... just based on my own experience (I use 5 on NAS or Brix / NUC) ... all to forgot any link problem ... :roll: :lol:

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Hard-Boiled

Post by Hard-Boiled »

Hi Guys, many thanks for all the feedback.

in the meantime I was in touch with ASUSTOR support, and some software related topics have been checked (new ADM version, re-install of APPs etc..)

At the end the support also checked some topics via a TeamViewer session directly, unfortunately without success. They say now, it is an hardware-issue and I'm in the process to get a new NAS-hardware as replacement from them.

PS: cable and HDMI-Tv worked perfect with an other AS304T.
theliltank4901

Post by theliltank4901 »

did you get it working i have the same issue on as602T with adm 3.0.1
timpware

Post by timpware »

I also upgraded and I'm also having the same problem. Anybody have a fix yet?
timpware

Post by timpware »

has anybody been able to fix this? my NAS is dead essentially. It boots but is inaccessible (I hear the drives mounting). All I need to know is how to boot with an older ADM and even downgrade.

I really couldn't be more disappointed with Asustor. I sent them a tech support message about 3 weeks out of warranty and they said they couldnt help me. At all. I couldn't even pay for a repair, as a ticket can't be created. They said they would ask about downgrading then never responded.
orion

Post by orion »

timpware wrote:has anybody been able to fix this? my NAS is dead essentially. It boots but is inaccessible (I hear the drives mounting). All I need to know is how to boot with an older ADM and even downgrade.

I really couldn't be more disappointed with Asustor. I sent them a tech support message about 3 weeks out of warranty and they said they couldnt help me. At all. I couldn't even pay for a repair, as a ticket can't be created. They said they would ask about downgrading then never responded.
I think you should identify it's software or hardware issue. Removing all hard drives, then power NAS on. The hardware should be fine if you can see the solid green LED on the front side of NAS after booting up. If not, it could be a hardware related issue. You have no choices, except getting asustor's support then.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”