It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:32 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Raid Migration from 0 to 5

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Raid Migration from 0 to 5

Postby soultoyo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:42 am

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to migrate my existing RAID 0 drives to RAID 5 if I added two more drives with the same amount of storage.

If it is possible, could somebody explain why I am not able to manage volume 1 which contains the RAID array to migrate it to the new raid level.

Thanks
soultoyo

Re: Raid Migration from 0 to 5

Postby MikeG.6.5 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:24 am

If you look at this support document you can see the migration paths from one level of Raid to another. http://www.asustor.com/online/College_t ... 352&lan=en

It doesn't look like Raid 0 can be migrated to anything. Raid 1 on the other hand can go to just about anything. If you have the storage to shuffle your data off, then change the raid to 1 or just go straight to raid 5 or 6, you might be good. Otherwise I think you might be stuck at Raid 0 for Volume 1.
MikeG.6.5

Re: Raid Migration from 0 to 5

Postby soultoyo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:24 pm

So according to the link I could migrate from a single drive to a raid 5 or 6, so I could fill up one drive and back up the rest and then migrate.

Thank you for the link and help.
soultoyo

Return to [Official] For AS-60X Series