It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:16 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Speed issue with OS X / Mac

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Speed issue with OS X / Mac

Postby electrolyse » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:12 am

Hey hey Guys ! (and Gals)

While my 6104 works pretty fine and while I can dl from it on my Win 10 computer at max speed, I can't download anything on my Mac Pro Pro in Wifi ... it used to works last week before the upgrade and I can't download anything right now.

Does someone know why ? I have read here and there some 'tricks' like :
"sudo sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack=0"

but it doesn't help that much.
Do you have the answer to this question ?

Thank you !

Electro -

ps : I'm on fiber and successfully ran fiber speed test @ 25 MB/s (215 mb/s)
electrolyse
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:02 am

Re: Speed issue with OS X / Mac

Postby orion » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:03 am

I don't own Mac Pro. However, how do you download files on Mac Pro? Through ADM web page -> File Explorer? AFP? FTP Explorer?
User avatar
orion
 
Posts: 2862
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am

Re: Speed issue with OS X / Mac

Postby electrolyse » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:18 am

orion wrote:I don't own Mac Pro. However, how do you download files on Mac Pro? Through ADM web page -> File Explorer? AFP? FTP Explorer?


Hello Orion,

I download files from Mac through Finder > go > connect to server > smb://xx.xx.xx.xx
both CIFS/samba and AFP services are enabled on the NAS

if you have any idea, let me know, thank you :)
electrolyse
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:02 am

Re: Speed issue with OS X / Mac

Postby orion » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:48 am

electrolyse wrote:Hello Orion,

I download files from Mac through Finder > go > connect to server > smb://xx.xx.xx.xx
both CIFS/samba and AFP services are enabled on the NAS

if you have any idea, let me know, thank you :)

So, you login to NAS successfully, right? Can you mount volume (shared folder on NAS) successfully? Can you browse files on NAS? You'd better to provide more detailed information about the failure.
By the way, you can check what's your login name on NAS by ADM web page -> System Information -> Online users. Then, you can check if the access rights are set correctly.
User avatar
orion
 
Posts: 2862
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am

Re: Speed issue with OS X / Mac

Postby electrolyse » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:11 am

orion wrote:
electrolyse wrote:Hello Orion,

I download files from Mac through Finder > go > connect to server > smb://xx.xx.xx.xx
both CIFS/samba and AFP services are enabled on the NAS

if you have any idea, let me know, thank you :)

So, you login to NAS successfully, right? Can you mount volume (shared folder on NAS) successfully? Can you browse files on NAS? You'd better to provide more detailed information about the failure.
By the way, you can check what's your login name on NAS by ADM web page -> System Information -> Online users. Then, you can check if the access rights are set correctly.


yes I can login into the NAS via web, I can browse files, I start to download files then after few seconds it stops.

error is : finder cant complete operation because some data can't be read or writen

and it download with admin login ( ADM web page -> System Information -> Online users)
electrolyse
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:02 am

Re: Speed issue with OS X / Mac

Postby orion » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:27 am

electrolyse wrote:yes I can login into the NAS via web, I can browse files, I start to download files then after few seconds it stops.

error is : finder cant complete operation because some data can't be read or writen

and it download with admin login ( ADM web page -> System Information -> Online users)

Oops, that means the settings on access rights are correct. Although you tested your wifi network, I can only suggest to have a try on wired network with Mac Proc. If it still failed, I have no ideas about what's the problem. I think you should send a support request to asustor. http://support.asustor.com/ They should be able to check the problem remotely.
User avatar
orion
 
Posts: 2862
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am

Return to [Official] For AS-60X Series

  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests