It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:50 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Just Upgraded RIAD 5 array available space incorrect

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Just Upgraded RIAD 5 array available space incorrect

Postby converse420 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:39 pm

I have just completed a long and laborious upgrade of one of my AS608T NAS boxes from 4 x 3Tb drives to 8 x 4TB drives. Each drive is reported in ADM as 3.64TB in a RAID 5 configuration. At the end of this process I expected the total capacity to be 25.48Tb, but in fact the upgraded RAID array only reports 15.87Tb... am I missing something here (the drives were upgraded 1 at a time and the volume expanded). Any help would be appreciated?

Regards

Dale
converse420

Re: Just Upgraded RIAD 5 array available space incorrect

Postby MDPlatts » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:42 am

probably need a screenshot or the individual breakdown of the drive and volume details. The number doesnt make sense but you say its a single 8-volume raid-5 and all 4gb drives fully rebuilt and expanded so as you say it should be somewhere i nthe 25tb range.
MDPlatts

Re: Just Upgraded RIAD 5 array available space incorrect

Postby orion » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:10 am

converse420 wrote:I have just completed a long and laborious upgrade of one of my AS608T NAS boxes from 4 x 3Tb drives to 8 x 4TB drives. Each drive is reported in ADM as 3.64TB in a RAID 5 configuration. At the end of this process I expected the total capacity to be 25.48Tb, but in fact the upgraded RAID array only reports 15.87Tb... am I missing something here (the drives were upgraded 1 at a time and the volume expanded). Any help would be appreciated?

Regards

Dale

If you did "Expand" and the total capacity did not increased, there should be something wrong. I think you'd better to send a support request to asustor. http://support.asustor.com/ I believe they can help to correct this issue remotely. (I had ever done teamviewer with their support guys.)
orion

Return to [Official] For AS-60X Series