VPN

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
Durbin
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

VPN

Post by Durbin »

Hi

Bear with me! I have never used vpn yet :-)

If I get an vpn account ie. PIA, purevpn or whatever. I can add an PPTP or OpenVPN in the nas? But if I buy an account then what? Can I use all providers or?

My concern is when I use download center or an bittorrent software. If I get a vpn provider will all my trafic when I download pass through the vpn provider to my nas or do I have to do something else?

Anything else?

Thx :-)
orion

Re: VPN

Post by orion »

As I know, all traffic to/from outside will go through VPN.
aj2

Re: VPN

Post by aj2 »

If you buy an account at a VPN provider, you get an user-name, password and a list of available servers. These criteria are needed to get the VPN tunnel established. For Open VPN you also need an certificate and a key for encryption of the traffic.

Some providers do not keep access logs, at least they say. No logs means more anonymous.. if you really do want to stay anonymous, stay off-line.

If you enter all the right info in the VPN client of your NAS and you are able to connect, you can assume all traffic will goes through th VPN tunnel.

In ADM desktop click on System Information icon, click on Network tab and you can see the WAN-IP is the VPN IP address.
Another Day At The Office

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”