ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 killed my NAS

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ktbken
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 killed my NAS

Post by ktbken »

Hi
I have just upgraded to ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 on my 608T which has 8 WD red 2Tb drives
The problem is it has never fully restarted since. It hangs with "Booting-storage please wait" on the lcd indefinitely.
I cannot connect to it using any means and it does not respond to pings.
I have tried using the reset button on the back and powering of at the wall and back on but nothing has worked.
If I remove all the drives it will start up but obviously wants to be initialised as there are no disks, but it can be pinged and connected to at this point.
I have raised a ticket, No response yet :( and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to proceed.

Thanks
townman

Re: ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 killed my NAS

Post by townman »

Look like I make the right choice to cancel the upgrade this morning, when I saw the upgrade notification.

The previous 2 upgrade cause our 606T problem with file sharing, that user cannot delete the tmp file.
schematic

Post by schematic »

Same here, the thing was set to auto up-da-te. Now NAS is inaccessible and seemingly no way to bring it back online.

ASUSTOR dev team, come on guys test your code on multiple configs before pushing it out. People's businesses are entrusted to your systems and must be relied upon.
The old adage "Measure twice, cut once" applies here - "Test twice, release once" or better yet test 100 times, release once.

Thank you!
Cheval

Post by Cheval »

See my post on possibly how to downgrade the release in the AS51X forum
schematic

Post by schematic »

@Cheval - Thank you! It worked.
Direct link to the guide: http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=7037
SapoMalo

Post by SapoMalo »

Similar issues here...

After upgrading:

AS 6102 does not enter sleep mode when scheduled (but at least works fine)

AS 602 when enters sleep mode, randomly does not show up in control center and does not detect disks at startup
(both from sleep or restart...it needs 4 or 5 hardware restart before detecting disks, then works fine, of course
if you don't restart or put it into sleep mode)

Opening ticket right now...
Nittenti

Post by Nittenti »

Not that it help you guys with problems, but damn I'm happy I looked here before upgrading

I guess it's time to look for a new NAS to give myself for Christmas :D
AS-604T (3GB RAM) with 4*WD Red 2TB in RAID5
Not the HTPC I thought I bought!
I wonder when Asustor is gonna throw some ressources/manpower/knowledge getting it to work, we did pay a decent amount of money for this - for the moment piece of furniture!
ktbken

Post by ktbken »

Ok asustor tech support was able to fix the issue it seems to be caused by the surveillance centre logs getting to big and filling volume0
nas is back on line :D
micmac

Post by micmac »

Hello everybody.
I have a AS-602T and after the upgrade to ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 I can't connect to the nas anymore.
I tried the method with a spare drive. But I can't reach the nas via the network at all. The green led on the nas is keeping blinking all time.
Any suggestion?
kelben

Post by kelben »

I have the same problem, Nas been working fine since i bought it but after the new ADM UPDATE it stops booting at "Booting storage......"

I have the 604 T with 4x WD NAS Disks...

Anyone have a step by step fix for a rookie?? Or tell me (link?) on how/where to place a ticket...

Thanks a ton in advance!

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”