ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 killed my NAS

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

SapoMalo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 killed my NAS

Post by SapoMalo »

micmac wrote:Hello everybody.
I have a AS-602T and after the upgrade to ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 I can't connect to the nas anymore.
I tried the method with a spare drive. But I can't reach the nas via the network at all. The green led on the nas is keeping blinking all time.
Any suggestion?
Same issue as mine now... I've just tried to do a software shut down via control center (because I had to perform some forced
hardware restart each time it was shut down or put into sleep mode... but at least after some attempts, it was starting correctly)
after this, now it does not goes online anymore ... green light keeps on blinking...

Just for curiosity, have you tried opening in the web browser the address of the nas as seen in the control center? Should be something like 192.168.0.X

Because I can access that, but it just displays the "No disks detected. You must install at least one disk before you can continue." notification

and it's pretty hard to downgrade or restore if the disks are not detected....

And by the way, could you please also tell me if the NAS it's named correctly in control center?
I am asking because mine has also lost it's name and now the cc shows it as AS000T-D579 with Serial Number AX1108000PL0000 :shock: ??????

it seems they have just killed a bunch of 602s :evil:
micmac

Post by micmac »

SapoMalo wrote:
micmac wrote:Hello everybody.
I have a AS-602T and after the upgrade to ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 I can't connect to the nas anymore.
I tried the method with a spare drive. But I can't reach the nas via the network at all. The green led on the nas is keeping blinking all time.
Any suggestion?
Same issue as mine now... I've just tried to do a software shut down via control center (because I had to perform some forced
hardware restart each time it was shut down or put into sleep mode... but at least after some attempts, it was starting correctly)
after this, now it does not goes online anymore ... green light keeps on blinking...

Just for curiosity, have you tried opening in the web browser the address of the nas as seen in the control center? Should be something like 192.168.0.X

Because I can access that, but it just displays the "No disks detected. You must install at least one disk before you can continue." notification

and it's pretty hard to downgrade or restore if the disks are not detected....

And by the way, could you please also tell me if the NAS it's named correctly in control center?
I am asking because mine has also lost it's name and now the cc shows it as AS000T-D579 with Serial Number AX1108000PL0000 :shock: ??????

it seems they have just killed a bunch of 602s :evil:
Yes I have now same problem as you have.
I found that if I using Lan port 1 that I can't reach the nas. But with Lan2 I can access the nas.
Now have same situation. No disks detected. You must install at least one disk before you can continue.
Name of Nas is now AS000T-D1D7 Model AS0000T and Serial AX1108000PL0000

Very strange!!
SapoMalo

Post by SapoMalo »

micmac wrote: I found that if I using Lan port 1 that I can't reach the nas. But with Lan2 I can access the nas
Same here.. :roll:

Thanks for replying...

I solved a similar issue before (nas randomly not detecting disks or losing them), basically downgrading firmware,
but without access to the disks, i do not know how to do it

I opened a ticket at Asustor, but they must be off work now... so at least until tomorrow, we got a new piece of furniture :evil:
Wosto

Post by Wosto »

Same here... 604T unresponsive after ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 upgrade. Blinking green light and "Booting-storage please wait". I am using Surveillance Center
Last edited by Wosto on Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteelZ691

Post by SteelZ691 »

I as well have had the problem.. i have an AS7008T with 4 WD 4TB Red drives. I have a ticket into Asustor so hopefully a fix for me will be in place soon.. which i will share if someone doesn't beat me to it. :mrgreen: :oops:
bjhall01

Post by bjhall01 »

I had the same exact problem today. The popup invited me to update to 2.5.2 and I, like a fool, let it! My 602T is dead in the same way and I don't have a spare drive to try the recovery outlined in earlier posts. I've opened a ticket but have little hope that this will be resolved.
ktbken wrote:Hi
I have just upgraded to ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 on my 608T which has 8 WD red 2Tb drives
The problem is it has never fully restarted since. It hangs with "Booting-storage please wait" on the lcd indefinitely.
I cannot connect to it using any means and it does not respond to pings.
I have tried using the reset button on the back and powering of at the wall and back on but nothing has worked.
If I remove all the drives it will start up but obviously wants to be initialised as there are no disks, but it can be pinged and connected to at this point.
I have raised a ticket, No response yet :( and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to proceed.

Thanks
ktbken

Post by ktbken »

All I can say is don't Panic :roll:

Asustor support where able to fix the problem remotely and all is well again.

In my case it was caused by volume0 filling up.
I assume the update is bigger then the old firmware which triggers the issue, and was fixed by them deleting some temp files.

You could fix it yourself if you are used to using linux and understand how to mount the raid array from the cmd line. If not submit a ticket and let support sort it out.

Hope this makes sense as the forum will not post this comment correctly
SapoMalo

Post by SapoMalo »

I can't believe this

Their answer to my ticket was :

"As for the AS-602T, it got a hardware failure, please contact the local dealer to send the unit back for RMA process."

"The AS-602T displayed as AS-0000 was caused by the hardware faulty most of the time
(the SATA chip on board failure so it won't recognize how many disk bays on itself)."
:shock:

Hardware failure after a firmware upgrade???
And like mine, at least 10 others in this forum?

It sounds too strange to me... :roll:

I am brought to presume, if some else other than me and micmac has the same "AS-0000" naming issue,
that the upgrade messed with some of the SATA chips of the 3/5/60X series (I am not sure if that's possible, sorry)

And, btw, I am the stupid owner of 3 (three! well now maybe 2) Asustor's Nas :|
Last edited by SapoMalo on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nittenti

Post by Nittenti »

As mentioned earlier in this post I did not upgrade fw after seeing all your problems, but it seems like Surveillance Center filling volume0 is the culprit

How many of you with a dead nas were/is using Surveillance Center ?

I'm not using it, but still afraid upgrading
AS-604T (3GB RAM) with 4*WD Red 2TB in RAID5
Not the HTPC I thought I bought!
I wonder when Asustor is gonna throw some ressources/manpower/knowledge getting it to work, we did pay a decent amount of money for this - for the moment piece of furniture!
SapoMalo

Post by SapoMalo »

I am not using Surveillance Center...

I have downloaded it, because planning to eventually use, but currently it was disabled.

To avoid conflicts, I tend to limit installed apps to the minimum

Currently I had Asustor Portal (and relatives downloads, like Chrome etc), Download Center and JRE... nothing else....

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”