can't rebuild RAID5 after replacing HDD

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Dogstar
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

can't rebuild RAID5 after replacing HDD

Post by Dogstar »

Hi,

I have an AS-606T and two days ago two of my HDD showed SMART errors. I checked them and one of them had defective blocks so I replaced that one. Now I have the problem that after ten hours or so the rebuilding process ends and the volume is inaccessible because the other HDD with SMART errors is marked as bad. The HDD status LEDs are green however. When I restart the NAS the volume is accessible again and the rebuilding process starts all over again. But ten hours later the volume is inaccessible again. What can I do now? Is there a way to prevent that the other HDD is marked as bad before the rebuilding process is completed? What if I clone the defective hard drive to a new one?

It would be great if someone could help me.
MikeG.6.5

Re: can't rebuild RAID5 after replacing HDD

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I realy hate to say this, because my experience with Asustor's ticketing system is less than a good one.... but, youa re probably best advised to create a ticket to have one of the technicians take a look through a TeamViewer session to see if anything can be done.

I'm not sure tehy will be able to do anything for you or not, but they are better leveraged to help than some faceless figure on a forum would be.

Let us know the outcome, please?
Dogstar

Re: can't rebuild RAID5 after replacing HDD

Post by Dogstar »

Thanks, I will create a ticket for that.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”