iSCSI Initiator

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
zillion1
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

iSCSI Initiator

Post by zillion1 »

Hello all :)

I would like to connect to my FreeBSD based server share (as iSCSI target) from my AS-604T, using some iSCSI Initiator (NAS as the client)...
Is it possible? :roll:

Thank you for any tips :)
Regards
zillion1

Re: iSCSI Initiator

Post by zillion1 »

Bump!
Seriously?... It can't be so complicated :roll:
Our Asustor NAS is the iSCSI client and it's connecting to some other iSCSI target over LAN.
Any solutions?... :idea:
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I don't own another Linux computer, so couldn't tell you... It may not be hard to do at all, but no one else here may need to do it.

You would need to have someone that has done this tell you how they do it. Just have to wait until someone who is doing this sees it and replies.
zillion1

Post by zillion1 »

Thank you @MikeG.6.5 for your answer :)
You're right, but I thought it can be done in some easy way...
Let's imagine - Asustor NAS may be an iSCSI target, so any other network devices can connect to the NAS using some iSCSI Initiator (or whatever else tools). It works flawlessly :)
Now, let's try to connect our NAS as the iSCSI client to some other iSCSI target (no matter if the target is set on Linux/FreeBSD/MS/or whatever else)...
Actually, AFAIK, it can't be done - no such client, no some iSCSI initiator, no some plugin, or whatever...
I think it would be a very good improvement to add this functionality to the ADM...
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Yes, I suppose it would be a good idea, but going to play devil's advocate for a bit, so bare with me... And believe me, I mean no disrespect or anything... :)

I want to have my STORAGE device attach to my COMPUTER's drives to give the storage device more storage???

I know there might be a use case for this, and I'm sure, logically there is a need for someone to do this. Just seems a bit like Military Intelligence... An oxymoron.... :)

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”