AS-604T 2.5.1 no longer starts on schedule

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

poul54
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: AS-604T 2.5.1 no longer starts on schedule

Post by poul54 »

go from Automatic updating clock from timeserver to manuel config in regional settings
poul54

Post by poul54 »

try using manuel conf. in regional instead of Automatic from timeserver
poul54

Post by poul54 »

ok it did not Work either,, seems that the clock ocassionally goes to sleep, when nas goes to sleep come on asustor make it work
redreptionil

Post by redreptionil »

Here's the response I got on my "bug report:"
Thanks for contacting us.
For the issue you mentioned, please power off the NAS, unplug the power cord, wait 30 seconds, plug the power cord and power on the NAS to see if its still not going to sleep nor waking from sleep as scheduled.

Please don't be hesitate to contact if you got further question.
That's Ticket ID 9034, in case you want to reference it on your own report. But, mines for an AS5002T.
Shawn.S@AST

Post by Shawn.S@AST »

Hi Poul54,

Thanks for your kind feedback! We did find this issue with AS6 series in 2.5.1 with more than 10 AS6 NAS testing over the week. Currently we do find out that the RTC clock will go astray and is finding the reason for it still. Please kindly pardon us and we will try our very best to find the solution asap.
callifo

Post by callifo »

Good to see its noted; my ticket is #8833

One of the team should be looking at mine tomorrow. Still very erratic, sometimes I get a week with no issue, sometimes I get a few days in a row it does not start-up at all.
MDPlatts

Post by MDPlatts »

My 608T's went down at the right time and stayed down for days, I've woken them up now and now they don't go to sleep at all.

This feature (a pretty important one) keept getting broken - surely it cannot be that hard to keep it working. When it works, it works well but when it doesnt its not good.

How come it keeps getting broken - it must have broken on more than 50% of the last 2+ years work but this is the first time I've not been able to kick it back into life by deleting/re-adding some or all of the config.
Shawn.S@AST

Post by Shawn.S@AST »

Hi MDPlatts and all:

Sorry for the inconvenience! We are sweating over this issue. Now we are connecting console cable and embedding debug code into the testing units. We hope to find out the root cause of it asap. With our testing so far, ADM 2.5.0 does not have this issue and the power schedule is normal so we will compare the codes as well.
callifo

Post by callifo »

Support has made some changes to my NAS to test as to whether it is fixed; will wait out a week and see whether it starts reliably now.
Hans

Post by Hans »

My own 604T has exactly the same problem, regardless of the fw version. Powering down is ok, scheduled restarts are unreliable, mostly it works but completely inexplicably, once or twice a week it will not restart. Frustrating. Solution.... ASUSTOR?

UPDATE 2 JAN 2016: I have installed the 2.5.2.BCO2 Beta and re-installed power settings (power on / power off). Let's give it a few days to see if it works..

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”