AS-604T 2.5.1 no longer starts on schedule

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
callifo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-604T 2.5.1 no longer starts on schedule

Post by callifo »

Since updating to 2.5.1 (could have also been on 2.5.0 but I was on that version for such as short period of time) my NAS will no longer start-up according to the schedule set in the Hardware settings page. I can WOL it as that works well, and worst case I can set a WOL message to be sent on a daily basis from my router to bandaid the issue but I would rather get it fixed.

Any one having the same issue, or any tips on where to look for what could be the issues in this case?

Edit: Shutdown according to the schedule set on the Hardware settings page functions normally.
Xandor

Re: AS-604T 2.5.1 no longer starts on schedule

Post by Xandor »

I have the same issue on my 602T. It seems like internal clock of NAS stops after putting it to sleep. I put my NAS to sleep at 23:30 and it doesn't start at 07:00. When i wake up it manually internal time on NAS is 23:32.
poul54

Post by poul54 »

same here for my 602t
wlozmij

Post by wlozmij »

I have the same issue on my 602T.
orion

Post by orion »

I believe you should send a support request to asustor. My as304t is working fine.
callifo

Post by callifo »

For the last 2 days, its actually powered on as expected, will keep an eye on it for now to see what happens.

I used to have the odd day where it would not power on as expected but it was perhaps once a fortnight, not 6+ days a week.
Terf

Post by Terf »

Also have the same issue since 2.5.1 with my 604T. And yes, seems to be a time issue. But it also seems to escalate into a total hangup of my NAS and it will be inaccessible, not even showing anything on the display. Happened two times now in the last 2-3 weeks. Only thing you can do is a hard reset. After that the time issue was gone for a week or so and then it started all over again.
MDPlatts

Post by MDPlatts »

My 608T's do the same. It often gets broken on firmware updates but a quick modification and a save fixes it - but not this time. This one is really foobar'ed.

I've deleted all the settings and re-added and still not working. Sometimes powers down (time unknown but not always at the first opportunity) but never powers up.
callifo

Post by callifo »

Interestingly enough, it seems that since I last posted the NAS has reliably started up as expected every day since. All I did was go in and completely remove all the set schedules, apply the settings, then disable the schedule and save. Then went and re-added it all back. Has been working since normally.
But it also seems to escalate into a total hangup of my NAS and it will be inaccessible, not even showing anything on the display. Happened two times now in the last 2-3 weeks. Only thing you can do is a hard reset. After that the time issue was gone for a week or so and then it started all over again.
Interestingly enough I had this within the first day of the update. The NAS said something like "Initialisation Ready" on the LCD but it was complete inaccessible on any of the ports. Turned it off and then on again and it had to rebuild the RAID array (which took about 5 hours). Hasn't happened again thankfully.
callifo

Post by callifo »

Wow completely jinxed myself, didnt start up at all tonight. Then when I did switch it on, it shutdown straight away.

Reason: [Hardware] Scheduled system powered off

Nope not even close, wasnt due to shutdown for hours. Sending a case through to Asustor now.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”