ADM 2.5 update bricked Plex Media Server

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

RichardM5422
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ADM 2.5 update bricked Plex Media Server

Post by RichardM5422 »

I updated to ADM 2.5 last night, and now cannot access my plex media server app.

I click on the app from the ADM interface, and it takes me to a website which can then not be loaded.

None of the devices in my home can see the Plex server either.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Frode

Re: ADM 2.5 update bricked Plex Media Server

Post by Frode »

From the misery loves company department, I can inform you that the update also seems to have broken AFP. It takes several minutes before the NAS responds when trying to access AFP (when it responds at all), so Plex gives up long before the file it's trying to reach becomes available. Ah well, it's not like it's Friday and all I wanted to do was make a nice dinner and watch a movie. I much prefer spending a few hours tinkering with mounting everything via SMB and waiting for Plex to index everything again. Not to mention the fun I'll have figuring out how to get OS X to auto-mount SMB shares on boot to get the seamless Plex experience I had before.
Vincent.T@AST

Post by Vincent.T@AST »

Hi RichardM5422,

Please go to App Central to disable and enable Plex (restart the service), then check if you can access Plex server correctly. If the issue persists after restarting the Plex app, please contact our support engineer (http://support.asustor.com/) for further assistance.

Hi Frode,

We used Mac OSX 10.10 in our lab to test AFP performance in both ADM 2.4.2 and ADM 2.5.0. The Mac in our lab can get response from both NAS quickly. Please contact our support engineer, so they can verify your operating environment in detail and help resolving the issue. Thank you.
Frode

Post by Frode »

I run 10.9.5 on the Mac Mini. I skipped updating based on the idea of "if it works, don't try to fix it," specifically to avoid surprises.

Accessing ASUSTOR (AFP) works, but takes upwards of 2 minutes to appear. Trying to drill further down into the USB shares do not work at all, regardless of how many times I try. Accessing the internal drives does eventually work this way, though.

I modified my logon script to use the smb shares instead, and Time Machine still works as usual, so I'm not going to spend any more time on this. Here's a snippet of the old and new applescript, in case anyone's interested. Top line no longer works, bottom one is fine. And, as luck would have it, Plex can't tell the difference so all my viewed flags etc. are intact.

try
#mount volume "afp://ASUSTOR (AFP)._afpovertcp._tcp.local/USB1/"
mount volume "smb://as-604t-e616/USB1/"
end try

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”