No Disks Detected

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
TheDave1022
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

No Disks Detected

Post by TheDave1022 »

I upgraded my AS-602T to the latest version and I'm pretty sure the nas was working after. Today I tried to connect to the NAS and it wont detect any disks and the IP address is no longer static. I tried taking each disk out but nothing seems to work. If I hit the reset button in the back, it doesnt seem to do anything. Anyone know how to reset the NAS to defaults? Wondering if the back plane is dead at this point as well.
orion

Re: No Disks Detected

Post by orion »

You'd better to send a support request to asustor. http://support.asustor.com/
TheDave1022

Post by TheDave1022 »

Yea did that. They just take a while to reply especially on a Sunday. Hopefully hear something tomorrow.
TheDave1022

Post by TheDave1022 »

Just so everyone knows the process. I had to ship my NAS to the place I purchased it almost 2 years ago (still under warranty - ExcaliberPC who was one of the launch partners).
They received my NAS August 14th.
I talked to them a week later, and they said they were working on it.
I was away for about a week and got in touch with them yesterday. They are still working on it.
They promised it would be fixed and shipped out overnight for delivery here by Sep 10.

Basically will be a month to fix. Not really happy with that support model, but that seams to be how all the companies do this.
SapoMalo

Post by SapoMalo »

Basically I had the same issue

http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php? ... 092#p19321

after several restart/reset procedures, the nas could load disks but kept on losing them randomly....

Then, after Asustor Tech support could not help via Teamviewer (because logs were all ok... BTW they suggest to send it back in RMA)
and checking the disks on another machine confirmed them to be ok too, I guessed (fortunately right) that it HAD to be a firmware issue.

So, when starting up with disks found after a reset procedure, I performed a clean install/initialitazion wiping all data from the disks
(as i have backup of everything, but at this point, I guess it could work without re-initializing) and:

- I downloaded a BETA firmware and installed
- restarted and upgrade again to latest software

Everything is working fine since then, but as I have seen in the forum several users having the same issue simply after shutting down the nas for some time,
I do hope Asustor is working for a fix with next firmware!!!

So tell your assistance to give this a try, if they are able to see the disks after a reset, simple downgrade and re-upgrade the firmware. maybe it could work for you too...

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”