Volume 1: Inaccessible

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
robait
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Volume 1: Inaccessible

Post by robait »

Hi,

I had a temporary power outage and now volume 1 (the only volume) on my AS-606T is inaccessible. It has 6 WD 4Tb Red NAS disks in RAID-5, and S.M.A.R.T. says all disks are healthy. I tried shutting down the NAS and restarting but the volume status is still inaccessible.

I submitted a ticket with Asustor support yesterday. How long does it normally take for them to respond?

Does anybody have any advice as to how I can recover from this without losing the data?

Thanks.
orion

Re: Volume 1: Inaccessible

Post by orion »

I usually get feedback from asustor support within one day. You'd better to wait for their feedback to recover your data. Sending support request again is a good idea. It should be easy to recover your data.
robait

Post by robait »

Do you use the "USA technical support" option? I used the "technical support" (not USA) option because I'm not in the USA, but I wonder if that's for english support?

I had it connected to a UPS, but it only shuts down my PC. Normally I would shut down the NAS manually in the case of a power outage, but this time I was out of the house when the power went off and the battery ran out. I'm surprised that a simple power outage would cause this problem.

I might have to get a second, dedicated UPS for the NAS which will shut it down. Are there any recommendations for a good, compatible UPS?

Thanks.
orion

Post by orion »

No, I did not apply "USA" option. Don't worry, they wrote English well.

I do not own an UPS. You may not need extra UPS if your UPS owns an USB interface or a network interface. UPS can support multiple client devices with one device being a master. The master should broadcast power outage event to other client devices. So, master device and each client device should shutdown accordingly when power outage event happened.
In case of setting NAS as a master (UPS <-------- usb interface --------> NAS): http://support.asustor.com/index.php?/K ... lientslave
Putting NAS as a client devcie is easy: ADM web -> External Devices -> UPS -> Preferences -> Enable network UPS support.

If you still plan to buy another UPS, asustor seems providing a list: http://www.asustor.com/service/ups?id=ups

I actually did abnormal shutdown several times and I did not encounter "volume inaccessible" issue. I guess I'm lucky. ;)
robait

Post by robait »

I have the Cyber Power CP1500PFCLCD UPS which is in the compatible list, so I'll set it up as suggested in the link you posted.

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”