SLEEP MODE WITH WIFI DONGLE NOT WORKING

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
chris-audio
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

SLEEP MODE WITH WIFI DONGLE NOT WORKING

Post by chris-audio »

My as 608t is connected to my home network only with wifi dongle. I dont know if this is the reason that never worked the sleep mode or the hybernate disk mode from menu.
It works only if i press the menu from lcd screen and choose to sleep but therefore there is no case to trigger it throught wifi. So it would be nice the ability the nas to go for sleep but to be able to turn it on again from wifi connection, and not from cable connection.
As in sleep mode the ethernet stays on i think you can do the same for wifi dongle.

Thank you
Chris
Elrique64

Re: SLEEP MODE WITH WIFI DONGLE NOT WORKING

Post by Elrique64 »

Wireless (WiFi) for a NAS is counter-productive. Especially with the 60x models with the faster throughput they have. The best you can hope for with a WiFi connection is still going to be much slower than a 1GB Ethernet connection.

I don't know if putting your NAS on a wire will resolve your issues with the sleep or not. I would venture a guess, though, that there might be some keep-alives taking place on wifi that don't happen with Ethernet that could prevent your NAS from sleeping. BUT, don't take this for gospel...

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”