Seriously...AS-608T = I feel so screwed..shitty NAS...

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
Kerry
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Seriously...AS-608T = I feel so screwed..shitty NAS...

Post by Kerry »

I cannot agree with your comments at all. I have used the other brands of NAS also. Actually the user interface more or less similar, ie, icon based, drag and drop, background photo change, login photo change etc.. For those who do not have the leisure or the advanced knowledge, the current NAS on the market offers ftp, backup, remote access of data and media etc. easily.
orion

Post by orion »

liefde wrote: Not to mention the security-mess it generates. ADM and the many non-TLS apps it offers are *very* insecure, badly tested (if even they have been).
:?: ADM should support https, right? Do you know which apps do not support TLS connection? I'm worry about it too. However I did not encountered any troubles about it. I'd like to ask/push asustor to support apps with secured connection if I know the list.
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

liefde wrote:Still, it's messy and sloppy, and badly supported.
I just tried enabling 'ADM Defender' and it locked me out, without warning that I possibly could, only by whitelisting 1 IP.
Without warning that it would lock out IPs... The purpose of ADM defender is to block IPs, why should it warn a user of it's function???
liefde wrote:The ADM UI is complete crap compared to that of synology or netgear's nases. Looks like a retard has reviewed things, and people on top have pushed half-finished software so the stuff could go to release a.s.a.p.
User opinion, I think Asustor is very mature after just 2-3 years in the business compared to the 8 years of Synology. They have surpassed Netgear and QNAP in my opninion. Besides, you are very impolite.
liefde wrote:Not to mention the security-mess it generates. ADM and the many non-TLS apps it offers are *very* insecure, badly tested (if even they have been).
Proof please, how did you determine that it is so insecure and badly tested? And please also proof that other manufacturers ARE secure and wel tested (Synolocker anyone?)

Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

I agree Kapitein
First warning and the last one before banishment
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

liefde wrote:Do you know what whitelisting means?
Read it again. I don't have to explain myself, it's quite clear for the security minded.
Yes, I do know what it means (and know how to use it). Besides knowing what a whitelist does I do see a clear warning:
Only the specified IP(S) will be able to use the following services: SAMBA, AFP, FTP, HTTP, SSH.
Removed a blunt remark about reading ;)

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
sys

Post by sys »

I do not see that ADM Defender Firewall or Network Defender will block yourself unless you have typed your own password wrongly several times. The message are quite clear to me and well placed:
1.PNG
1.PNG (52.74 KiB) Viewed 7303 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (54.68 KiB) Viewed 7303 times

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”