AS604-T does NOT wake up from sleep mode

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
Hans
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS604-T does NOT wake up from sleep mode

Post by Hans »

Hi all, I have set my NAS to go into sleep mode every working day at 11.30 pm. The machine nicely does what it's told. I have also set the NAS to restart every day at (e.g.) 8.00 am. This it does NOT do and this is where I am looking for some help (or announcing a bug?). I cannot access the NAS through AIMaster in order to restart as it is simply inaccessible.

The only ways I can get the machine to then start up is (1) by hand-pressing the power button and (2) by using a third-part app like Fing and use WOL. That works.

However, when I am not at home and I want to access the NAS then I have a problem because I cannot access it. The before-mentioned only works on my LAN.

My questions:

- Am I doing something wrong and if so, what is it?
- If the above makes perfect sense, could this please be put on a wishlist (or rather solve-this-bug list)?

Here are some screen captures to show my settings:

(1) Settings overview (sleep):
Settings overview
Settings overview
AS604-T-No-wake-up-01.jpg (67.87 KiB) Viewed 5816 times
(2) Settings overview (wake-up)...which does NOT work:
Settings overview (wake-up)
Settings overview (wake-up)
AS604-T-No-wake-up-02.jpg (75.19 KiB) Viewed 5816 times
Who can help?

Thanks and regards,
Hans

:?:
sys

Re: AS604-T does NOT wake up from sleep mode

Post by sys »

Your ADM seems to be old. Maybe you can update to the most current one 2.0.3 RAH1 and then give it a try.
sys

Post by sys »

And by the way, you should set as "Power on" instead of "Restart", right? If the NAS is in Sleep mode, how does it restart? The Restart should be set when the system in on.
Hans

Post by Hans »

Thanks Sys!

(1) I updated the ADM version yesterday and that did not make any difference;
(2) You may very well be correct here: I have just now changed settings from Restart to Power On. Although - I admit - this makes me look a bit of a noob, I would still suggest changing the option text from "Restart" to "Wake Up" (or add the option). What made me choose Restart in the first place is the fact that there are 4 settings: Power On ond Power Off, Sleep and Restart. You might think differently but they look kind of paired and I think this is (was) kind of confusing.

I will report back with my findings on changing (2).

Thanks and regards
Hans

:)
snoopy

Post by snoopy »

Restart means change the state from Power On to Power Off, then Power On again

you should pick the Power On option
Asustor AS-608T 2.4.0.RFU6 (Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB x8)
Asustor AS-608T 2.4.0.RFU6 (Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB x8)

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”