samba login failure from ip

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
deeman00
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

samba login failure from ip

Post by deeman00 »

Hello.
I have 602 model and using it for netShare in my lan. I mapping public folder (\\192.168.0.201\public) via vbscripts:

Code: Select all

WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "Z:", "\\192.168.0.201\public", "true", "admin", "veryHardPass"
Sometimes connection with the netShare lost and try to re-access lasts for more than a minute until the NAS responds. In logs i can see several login failure errors. After waiting for access, it restored by itself. No password or login requests, just 1 minute pause. Аt this time, other computers in the network have full access to the netShare. Disconnect occurs during idle computer, each time a different period of time. Power Save mode is disabled on all the computers and the nas. It happens on computers with win7 64, but no any problems on my win8 notebook, or win2008 r2 server.
Sorry for my english, its google translation.
Attachments
log.jpg
log.jpg (354.73 KiB) Viewed 5041 times
Elsa.L

Re: samba login failure from ip

Post by Elsa.L »

Dear Deeman00:

Thanks for purchasing our product!
the problem you encountered could be related to crednetial of Windows ( or keychain for Mac).
In windows, it might created this credential when you login into the NAS. It will remember the login informaiton, so you don't have to login again)
Not sure if the PC remember the guest account credential in widnows system.
The windows system will only allow one credential for a PC. Which means it will always use guest account to login into the NAS.
Can you use the following commands to clean all credential in windows?
1. open a command prompt in Windows
2. c:> net use * /delete , then press enter. It will delete all credential in PC ( credential is login informaiton for specific server.

Please kindly try and let me know if you have any questions or concern,
thank you!

Best Regards,
Elsa
deeman00

Post by deeman00 »

This is a really account problem. Apparently at some point win7 connects to NAS by the guest account. I created the same user accounts with same passwords on each PC with win7 and NAS, and all problems has gone. Probably disk attachment via vbscript does not always work. Within three days of testing did not have any connection problems. Thanks for the tip. And just 1 more question: can I create account without password for "Everyone" on NAS like as in windows server ?
Elsa.L

Post by Elsa.L »

Hi,
Glad to hear that the problem is solved after create a correspond account in Win7!
For the question about create a new account without password, the answer is no :|
Currently, password is a "must" option while creating new accounts.
but i'll deliver this request to our team and we will estimate if we are going to implement this in the future :)

Please feel free to let me know if there's anything I could help.

Have a nice day!

Elsa

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”