ADM - Todays Patch

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Folorin
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ADM - Todays Patch

Post by Folorin »

OK, loaded todays patch and more information is shown in disk manager, which is good. However it has proceeded to resynchronise the RAID array, rendering the NAS useless for the next 11 hours (its too underpowered to do anything but resync at any one time).

Is this a consequence of the patch?
Folorin

Re: ADM - Todays Patch

Post by Folorin »

You know, I REALLY want this unit to work but its simply not happening.

Since the patch I have had it hang twice requiring a power off and therefore restart the disk resync.

I would like a an actual cause for this before it is returned and I switch to a proven supplier of NAS's, so any help you could give would be appreciated.
James.W@AST

Post by James.W@AST »

Hi there,

The volume is syncing may caused by previous incomplete synchronization. A RAID volume must performs a full synchronization upon creation, if you turn off the NAS during the synchronization process, every time when you boot up the NAS, it will take more time to boot and the RAID volume will have to keep syncing until it finishes.

May I know what do you mean "hang"? Besides, has the RAID volume finished syncing yet? If not, please leave it for a while until it finishes and do not force shut down or remove the power supply. You can find the estimated remaining time in [Storage Manager] > [Volume] since ADM 1.0.6, the information is next to the Volume Status.
To Infinity and Beyond!

Friends of My AS-606T: (RAID 5 with WD Black 2TB * 4, WD Red 2TB * 2)
MacBook Air (10.8) & Self-assembled Windows PC (Windows 7)
iPhone 4S (iOS 6) & iPad 2 (iOS 6)
Boxee Box, Logitech Squeezebox Duet
SONY HT-CT150 Sound Bar (Connected directly to the NAS via HDMI)
CISCO Linksys E4200
Folorin

Post by Folorin »

Yes, I saw the additional information, which is an excellent touch !

By Hang, I mean it disappears from the network, front panel is unresponsive (no text on screen) and all drive lights freeze on green.

front reset button is held down to shut the unit down and restart.
hwharwig

Post by hwharwig »

I'm not sure if its todays patch, it was my last firmware update maybe. But same problem here, cannot reach NAS in any way, after switch off and on via front button first couple of minutes I could read somewhere that it still needs more than 33 days to sync... Bought the NAS 3 days ago, installed the latest firmware, moved a first bulk of data (removed the source becuase I was confident) and next morning: problems.
Tried with 1 disc, with no disc (seemed best). Discs are 3TB WD Red as mentioned in the compatibility list.
Cant connect with Control Centre, nor with web interface nor with windows explorer.

The reset button on the back seems to do nothing? It keeps my inlog info and the ip-address I gave it...
Tomorrow shop is open and bring it back...

Well, just switched off and on again via front button and after it's on I can reach it for about 1 minute. After 1 minute not seen on the network anymore. In that minute checked the syncing and it still needs 3.7 days. Syncing at about 10MB/s. Is that normal speed for syncing? And during this time I can't reach the NAS?
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi hwharwig,

It's strange that your NAS keep losing connection,
I don't know whether it can be in time,
but would you please give it a shot to help us verify the possible root cause.

when the NAS lose connection, could you please check the LED indicator of LAN port behind the NAS
is it blinking? or there is no light.

if there is no light, I would suggest you to try the other LAN port or change the LAN cable first. because this could be related to a hardware issue.

regarding the speed of sycn. when create a big data volume, it's not only create volume but also create the file system, that's why you saw the speed of sync is 10 MB/s.
After the file system is created, the speed will be raised.
however,if you transfer files to the NAS or apply other application when the volume is under sync status
In order to get the balance between the system performance and data transfer speed, ADM will adjust the speed dynamically.
the speed of sync will be reduced also( the minimum speed is 10 MB/s)

cheers,
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
hwharwig

Post by hwharwig »

Hi Steve,

I have checked both LAN ports and lights keep on blinking. I checked yesterday and I can ping the NAS without problems. But still after reset to the ip address I gave it, so the reset button does nothing.

But can't it be the initial sync/ setup/ installation what she is doing now? I have inserted 2x new 3TB disks and immediately done the quick install. That was very fast. After that I changed IP and moved about 60Gb to the NAS. All without problems. But I supposed the file system and Raid-1 was setup during that quick install. After moving the 60Gb I have checked some files and they seemed ok. Even watched a movie (one of the files). Yesterday I've read somewhere that setting up Raid-1 and file system I have to (or might do) myself (because I can select which Raid for example) and that that can take some while?

So can it be the initial setup which takes about 3 days? Or do I have to configure Raid-1 and file system myself first before moving files to the NAS? Can that be the cause?

I have the idea that under sync status I can't reach the volume, so then can't move files to the NAS.

I will ask the shop today (if they have experience) and wait for the 3 days (now 2 days I hope). And maybe you have some idea?

Thanks for the quick reply!
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi hwharwig,

In my opinion, the best way to figure out the possible root cause is connect to check your NAS directly,
is it possible that we make an appointment, let our engineer connect to your site to investigate this case.
if you allow, please pm me the information for the remote session

cheers,

Steve
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”