Support - Apps or App Center no longer function

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
Folorin
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Support - Apps or App Center no longer function

Post by Folorin »

In buying this product I feel I am now the victim of a cruel practical joke. There appears to be not a day going by without some ridiculous failure.

The latest is that app center no longer works and no apps run. Nothing in the log of course but I havent SSH'd in to look at the system logs yet.

When clicking on App Center all I get is a message box

'Incorrect Server responses. Please try again (Ref. 5401)'.

Once again, I would like some idea what to do as at the moment its effectively a £1500 doorstop.
Folorin

Re: Support - Apps or App Center no longer function

Post by Folorin »

I take part of my comments back.

There is an entry in the log.

'[App Central] Fail to update package list (Ref -240)'
Folorin

Post by Folorin »

apparently the volume has dropped again and is inaccesible. Can someone send me the commands to re-add it please.
feejai

Post by feejai »

Seriously, I really wish I had taken this product back before the deadline my computer store puts on things. I can't believe spending $1,000 on a NAS could have this many problems. Asustor really needs to take care of their customers somehow who are essentially BETA testing a unit I paid to have FULLY functioning. I've lost total faith in the ability for this NAS to keep my data safe. I really wish I had a more positive experience... and don't get me wrong, the forum support has been very good, but the product itself is less than desirable.
Folorin wrote:apparently the volume has dropped again and is inaccesible. Can someone send me the commands to re-add it please.
ddaniel51

Post by ddaniel51 »

It sounds more like you may have a faulty hard drive instead of a defective NAS. I see you bought the Seagate Barracudas. Did you buy any spares for troubleshooting and repairing problems such as you are now experiencing?

Dave
Folorin

Post by Folorin »

hi ddaniel,

i bought it as a package so at the moment no spares. full bad black scans of each drive have revealed no issues so any thouhts on how this could be identified?

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”