Disk Status 'Inactive'

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

feejai
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Disk Status 'Inactive'

Post by feejai »

I have a 6 drive RAID 5, and one of the disks (disk 4) is showing 'inactive'. I've tried shutting down, SMART check, removing and reinstalling, and drive still comes back as 'inactive'. How do I get this drive back on-line?
Folorin

Re: Disk Status 'Inactive'

Post by Folorin »

this is exactly the problem i had.

after searching the internet (god knows there is so far no useful documentation this NAS), i zeroed the superblock, which let me re-add the disk back into the RAID array. The resync for me took about 12 hours after i reset the min an max and cache values on the raid rebuild.

im not suggestin you do this, its just what i did !
feejai

Post by feejai »

Again, thanks for your reply. I really don't want to have to rebuild the array if at all possible. So far SMART disk check is fine, and I am doing a scan of the drive now (25% complete). I'm just worried that if they can't simply send out a message to indicate a problem with the array, just how good are the tools for the drives on this thing as well. Nothing like being worried about your data on a device that is supposed to keep your data safe :(.
Folorin wrote:this is exactly the problem i had.

after searching the internet (god knows there is so far no useful documentation this NAS), i zeroed the superblock, which let me re-add the disk back into the RAID array. The resync for me took about 12 hours after i reset the min an max and cache values on the raid rebuild.

im not suggestin you do this, its just what i did !
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi feejai,

You can refer to the reply below
http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1592

cheers,

Wall-E
feejai wrote:I have a 6 drive RAID 5, and one of the disks (disk 4) is showing 'inactive'. I've tried shutting down, SMART check, removing and reinstalling, and drive still comes back as 'inactive'. How do I get this drive back on-line?
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”