AS-604T - USB External Backups Temperamental

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
steamship
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-604T - USB External Backups Temperamental

Post by steamship »

I have a set of four USB drives that I backup my AS-604T to on a monthly basis (the files on this NAS don't change that often compared to my other NAS). Just running the backups using the 'Backup & Restore' app on the NAS, with a job for each drive. The first two jobs ran flawlessly, but now on the third one and despite the job been running for about 30 minutes so far, the progress status is showing as 'Backing up (0%)'. I've had this issue before on the odd occasion, and it seems to be a different drive each time i.e. no clear indication of what drive will cause the issue. I usually leave it for about a hour, and if it hasn't done anything, I'll abort that job, eject the drive and move onto the next drive. When I've done the others, I'll go back to the problem one, and it will then work.

All the drives are stored together in the same place. Currently running version 3.5.9.RWM1 of the ADM, but it has happened on previous versions as well. All the drives are Seagate.
steamship

Re: AS-604T - USB External Backups Temperamental

Post by steamship »

Just back into the house and tried running the backup jobs for the two jobs that just showed 0% and they both ran perfectly. No idea why they worked this time and not earlier today.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Check the system resources such as CPU/RAM if they're overloaded. I had few occasion the backup hangs when I was doing strenuous tasks such as building/compiling apps in the background.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
steamship

Post by steamship »

Nazar78 wrote:Check the system resources such as CPU/RAM if they're overloaded. I had few occasion the backup hangs when I was doing strenuous tasks such as building/compiling apps in the background.
Absolutely nothing else running on the NAS, as I'm the only one using it, and don't access it when running backups. CPU running around 15-20% and memory around 10%.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

If it happens again, try leaving it running see how long it would take to complete. You could also monitor the disks activities using the iostat command installed from the sysstat package via Entware repository.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”