AS6604 - Stuck in Storage booting mode

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Yoggy67
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS6604 - Stuck in Storage booting mode

Post by Yoggy67 »

Dear all,

I'm blocked for days in this status.
I tried various things:
- restart -> no result
- Restart without disks... it works but can connect to ADM and no blinking leds
- Wait for the machine to boot... over a week ... no boot

Any idea?

Ps: I cannot find my password for the support, and it can be reset only via ADM, which does not start :(
orion

Re: AS6604 - Stuck in Storage booting mode

Post by orion »

It might be something wrong in your disk contents... Try to contact to asustor here: https://www.asustor.com/about/contact_f ... iry_type=3
majika

Post by majika »

Yep, something is fishy.. As this is very similar to my current issue with my AS66064T using latest ADM version.
"BOOTING-APP"
is all i seen, left this run on reboot for a few days. I am unable to even access the front control buttons to do a manual restart/shutdown. The only way i could get this NAS to boot into ADM was via a hard reboot by holding the front power botton down for a few seconds (not the reset pin method).
I can get into ADM i have SSH/SAMBA/NFS all working fine, Plex/NGINX/portainer all running fine, however LCD screen stuck on "BOOTING-APP" and no manual control buttons are active.
Further, looking at processes everything seems fine, nothing out of the ordenery. Doing $ top shows all fine
I am at a loss the only changes are to ADM upgrade itself, thats the only thing i have done to this NAS.
One possible solution is to remove nano, however i have, as yet not pulled the trigger and tried another reboot.. I have removed nano, so its ready if forced to restart i can test if its a simple nano bug fix. Anyway, hope a solution is found soon as its not very good not having any faith in your own equipment.

edit
I CAN CONFIRM: By removing official "nano" app from ADM App manager has fixed the "BOOTING-APP Please Wait" Message. Now, I can see my LCD message and also access my front panel NAS control buttons Operation > Shutdown.. etc..

So, Removed Nano app via ADM app manager then I done reboot. EXCELLENT!
Lostcluster

Post by Lostcluster »

I am having same issue - I can see nano installed but do not see how to uninstall.
Any feedback would be appreciated as to how to remove the app.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”