Attaching a USB 3.0 hard drive to the AS-604T? I want to use it long term like this.

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

604guy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Attaching a USB 3.0 hard drive to the AS-604T? I want to use it long term like this.

Post by 604guy »

Any issues with using the USB 3.0 port on the AS-604T for an 8TB USB 3.0 external hard drive?

I know it sounds like a lame question (e.g. I should just try it) but I'm concerned about data integrity and 8TB would be a lot of data to lose due to a hard drive getting corrupted. I'm looking for feedback from people who've used it a lot (long term) and (hopefully) have had no problems.

While I'm at it, does it need to be wiped out and a Linux-specific format applied to it? Or can it continue to be the one big NTFS volume that it is? I'd like to be able to use it in its current NTFS state because I can switch it out and attach it to my Windows PC if necessary.
orion

Re: Attaching a USB 3.0 hard drive to the AS-604T? I want to use it long term like this.

Post by orion »

604guy wrote: While I'm at it, does it need to be wiped out and a Linux-specific format applied to it? Or can it continue to be the one big NTFS volume that it is? I'd like to be able to use it in its current NTFS state because I can switch it out and attach it to my Windows PC if necessary.
Yes, you can use it directly only if the original disk contains only one NTFS (one partition).

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”