As-604T - Cannot Apply Settings (Ref.5401)

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

benners
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

As-604T - Cannot Apply Settings (Ref.5401)

Post by benners »

I have started having issues when trying to enable the SSH service. I have had some powercuts and sickbeard needs restarting via putty to get it working again. I have also get this error when trying to install a certificate from let's encrypt and enable HTTPS so I don't get the unsecure connection page.

When trying to enable the SSH option, the checkbox goes blue like it is enabled but the message says there was an unknown error. Putty says the connection is refused like it is when SSH is disabled. Likewise, when unchecked the box goes clear and ADM says the setting have been applied.

I only use the NAS for storage for multiple PCs\devices and rarely mess with settings since I first got it running. Does anyone have any ideas wht the problem could be?

Thanks
orion

Re: As-604T - Cannot Apply Settings (Ref.5401)

Post by orion »

I use ssh services all the time without any problems. I think you'd better to send a support ticket to asustor: https://support.asustor.com/
benners

Post by benners »

Cheers. I have done that. I though I may get a solution or ideas quicker from here, assuming users have had the same issue. :D
benners

Post by benners »

I got a response from the ticket I submitted. The reply is below

"Thanks for contacting.
For the issue mentioned, we find there are some event logs in the health record provided may related to volume file system error which could result the configuration applying error problem.
Please find a spare drive and follow these steps to reinitialize the NAS unit to see if problem persists in the new installed system:
1. Power off the NAS.
2. Unplug all drives.
3. Power on the NAS(empty unit)
4. When it's on, use ACC(ASUSTOR Control Center) to scan and list the NAS list, you should be able to see the unit status is uninitialized, use browser to visit NAS IP address and follow the instruction to insert the spare hdd and proceed initialization.
5. When it's initialized, visit the ADM interface and observe if the original problem persists."

Does anyone know if by doing this I will lose all the data from the old disks or once re-inserted, will I still be able to access the files?
I have replied asking this question to esupport an I am awaiting a response.

Cheers
orion

Post by orion »

mm... Not sure what's the purpose. It looks like that they want to test it. If you keep all original disks outside of your NAS (without involving this test), your data should be safe. After tested, you can put those original disks back to NAS and power NAS on. Your data should be online again.
benners

Post by benners »

Cheers orion. Thats the idea that I got from the message. They don't mention what the events in the log are or what to do to repair the file system if they are related to the issue. I have some spare disks so I'll follow the instructions and see.
Thanks again

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”