AS606T SSD Cache

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jonjo1978
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS606T SSD Cache

Post by jonjo1978 »

Hi,

I have an AS606T with 3gb ram and 5 4tb Ironwolf HDD installed. I connect via ethernet from a Mac Pro 6.1 (late 2013 model) and have found then as to be very slow at opening files.
Is it possible to speed up access times by using SSD cache on the AS606T?

If not does anyone have any suggestions - short of upgrading the NAS - on how to speed up access times?

Thanks

John
orion

Re: AS606T SSD Cache

Post by orion »

How slow? Maybe, you can try Windows environment to see if there are any differences.
Yes, you can use SSD cache only if those files are open frequently (cache mechanism).
jonjo1978

Post by jonjo1978 »

Thanks Orion,

So the AS606T does support SSD Cache? I couldn't find any information on this model to say it is supported?

It can be fairly slow opening folders/files - up to 2 minutes. We work on mac so windows environment is not ideal to to try.
I was going to install more ram but it states 3gb is the maximum.
orion

Post by orion »

If your ADM version is up-to-date, I think AS606T should support it. However I cannot make sure of it. It's better that you can send a support request to asustor to clarify it. https://support.asustor.com/

2-minute is quite slow when open every file :o . I did not encounter this issue under Windows (samba protocol). Did you apply samba protocol under Mac? I guess it should be related to some other things which I don't know (no clues). Normal HDD should not result in this issue. And I believe SSD cache cannot solve your issue. I think you can describe this problem in your support request.
jonjo1978

Post by jonjo1978 »

Thank you! I have sent the request to support - I will let you know the response.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”