abnormal login attempt

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

zizi8862
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

abnormal login attempt

Post by zizi8862 »

Hi there

Im using a AS-6302t mainly for home and media. When I look under the system information log I see there is a lot of login in attempts and some are blocked by network defender. Is it normal for so many different IPs to try and log into my NAS. I have enabled Ez-connect, Im just concerned by with so many attempts at logging into my NAS my files and home network is safe.

Thanks
orion

Re: abnormal login attempt

Post by orion »

It seems that you put your NAS to internet directly (public IP). If I were you, I'll put NAS behind NAT and open the necessary ports for certain NAS services (it's better to change the default ports to others, for example default port 80). This way can reduce internet attacks.
Nazar78

Re: abnormal login attempt

Post by Nazar78 »

Those are just brute force attacks. Just ensure you step up your security.

1. Strong passwords.

2. Use 2FA is possible.

3. If you need ADM exposed to the internet, change its default port don't use common ports targeted by bots (unless a determined one doing port scanning) or better hide it behind a reverse proxy subdomain.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”