Can't get Asustor NAS properly set up as music file server

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

cpa1953
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can't get Asustor NAS properly set up as music file server

Post by cpa1953 »

I'm attempting to run my cd library, which is all stored on an Asustor AS5104T NAS through a raspberry pi to my home stereo. I have an applepi DAC connected to the raspberry and am running Volumio. The Volumio operating system seems to have loaded onto the raspberry just fine, and am trying to set it up using volumio/local to organize a music library.

Since the asustor NAS and the Raspberry pi both run a version of linux code, it seems like I should set up the volumio with NFS file share type (versus CIFS). But I'm stumped from there. The Volumio setup shows that the NAS is not mounted. I haven't been able to get Volumio to properly scan all of the music files I have stored, probably because I have something improperly set up in file sharing on the NAS or in the Volumio setup. The proper PATH designation to get to the music files is something I may be doing improperly on the Volumio side, but various trial and error attempts I've made don't seem to get me closer to the answer.

Can any of you more experienced hands from the Asustor world offer suggestions on steps I should attempt to resolve with Asustor file sharing or the like?

Thanks!

cpa1953
Fresh off the boat

orion

Re: Can't get Asustor NAS properly set up as music file server

Post by orion »

I can only suggest you to use a PC with Unbuntu to mount NAS through NFS. If that works, the problem should be most likely on your client device side.
cpa1953

Re: Can't get Asustor NAS properly set up as music file server

Post by cpa1953 »

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”