USB Scanner

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

BeachBoy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

USB Scanner

Post by BeachBoy »

Can we connect an USB scanner (Futjisu Scansnap directly in the Asustor?

I now have a wireless brother scanner that scans into my Asustor NAS, but the scanner is so bad compared to my old scansnap that I was to go back to Futjisu, the problem is that it is only USB.. is it possible to connect it there?

Thanks
father.mande

Re: USB Scanner

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
BeachBoy wrote:Can we connect an USB scanner (Futjisu Scansnap directly in the Asustor?
I now have a wireless brother scanner that scans into my Asustor NAS, but the scanner is so bad compared to my old scansnap that I was to go back to Futjisu, the problem is that it is only USB.. is it possible to connect it there?
Thanks
As I know (but I can be false) NO solution integrated in ADM exist to use a scanner ... BUT as usual with some works ... and command line (so in a ssh terminal)
Use SANE (backend and frontend) provide by opkg package (APKG Entware-ng)
... if your scanner is in the know list ... it can be easy ... if not you have a little more job to do (to add it in the list) ... this is clearly explain in for ex. Ubuntu help on scanner not recognized
when the scanner is identified by the back-end ... you can use the sane (front-end) command line to get the image / text, etc. (command is scanimage)
BUT also some addons exist like a SANE web interface to permit to any users (not Linux or Linux to use the scan facilities) with little modding ... or how accessing through network ... and why not use a graphic interface in HD_Station (but it's a little more tricky)

another possibility is to use a chroot to have a complete set of SANE tools ... but it's normally not require (only in some complex case)

I have use it in the past (on another NAS brand but with same opkg) but I don't have a scanner for the moment and can't test it (sorry)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”