602-T can't detect drives *solved*

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.
fenrir
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

602-T can't detect drives *solved*

Post by fenrir »

Hello asustor community!

I shut down and unplugged my 602-T as I was going away for a month but when I got home and plugged it back in it wouldn't respond to anything (http/SSH/icmp).. So I unplugged the two WD RED 3TB drives I had running in RAID1, backed up the data, formatted the drives and reset the NAS. Now it gets recognized by Asustor control center as the old ADM Version 2.6.2.R6L2 and unitialized. When I try and click the unitialized button it redirects me via http in my browser where it says the following:

Initialize your NAS
No disks detected. You must install at least one disk before you can continue.

And here's when I'm lost. I've tried cleaning the drives through diskpart windows utility, cleaning and formatted (NTFS), I've even tried formatting them as FAT32 (2TB) and Ext4 without prevail. I've also tried an old samsung 1TB drive aswell as an even older WD 250GB enterprise storage drive I had laying around but the NAS won't do shit past saying it can't detect any disks. Any ideas? Am I stupid? :|
Last edited by fenrir on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wde

Re: 602-T can't detect drives

Post by wde »

I have the same set-up - AS-602T and 2 X 3TB WD red.
All I can you is that the file system is EXT4.
Hope that's some help.
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.3.0.RSB1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
fenrir

Post by fenrir »

That's useful, thanks! Don't shut it off :)
fenrir

Post by fenrir »

Obligatory answer reply for the odd chance someone runs into the same issue.

It works now. The problem was never the drives but the NAS not booting up completely as the green status LED kept blinking. I'm not sure what I did exactly but i poked at the USB sync button.. I recall pressing and holding it together with the power button in different combinations as I threatened it verbally. I then gave up, got up, walked away and then it went 'BZZZD' as it booted up behind me and now said LED is solid green and the thing works fine. So there's that.
atsoerbo

Re: 602-T can't detect drives *solved*

Post by atsoerbo »

I have the exact same problem!!! Off power for abt 2-3 months, and now nothing happens, just a steady green blinking from the system, and no HD found, same message you got. Tried to push every button I find, restart, out with the powercord etc. So far, no respons.
--== atsoerbo==--
AS-602T...... among others.
orion

Re: 602-T can't detect drives *solved*

Post by orion »

atsoerbo wrote:I have the exact same problem!!! Off power for abt 2-3 months, and now nothing happens, just a steady green blinking from the system, and no HD found, same message you got. Tried to push every button I find, restart, out with the powercord etc. So far, no respons.
I believe you should send a support request to asustor to check it. https://support.asustor.com/

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”