Seagate Ironwolf HDD hardware revision compatibility

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

burdie
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Seagate Ironwolf HDD hardware revision compatibility

Post by burdie »

I recently bought AS1002T and about to buy compatible HDD. From the AS10 series compatibility list only Seagate Ironwolf 8TB hardware number ST8000VN0004. However, the same capacity/model now available in the market only with hardware number ST8000VN0022 which is the newer version.
I was wonder whether this drive ST8000VN0022 is compatible with AS10 series or not as other series such as AS2, AS3, AS50/51/61/62/6/70 already compatible, but there is no mention on AS10.
Seagate Surveillance Skyhawk 8tb ST8000VX0002 have a note that telling AS10 series not support. So if ST8000VN0022 did not state that AS10 not support, does it mean that it is in fact supported.

How Asustor add new compatible hdd? tested by their own or user report as supported?

thanks
MikeG.6.5

Re: Seagate Ironwolf HDD hardware revision compatibility

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Most of the time it's direct testing by Asustor, but they do also take user feedback to put things on the list.

So, since this is basically the same, I would think it's probably going to work fine. BUT it's your money, not mine. That said, I wouldn't hesitate if the funds were available.
burdie

Post by burdie »

MikeG.6.5 wrote:Most of the time it's direct testing by Asustor, but they do also take user feedback to put things on the list.

So, since this is basically the same, I would think it's probably going to work fine. BUT it's your money, not mine. That said, I wouldn't hesitate if the funds were available.
Thanks for the info. May be go for those supported by other AS series have a higher chance of compatibility with AS10...

Since I am new in NAS, will surveillance type HDD have no issue ( i mean data drop off / bit perfect in hires audio playback) in ASUSTOR?
burdie

Post by burdie »

Yesterday I received explanation from Asustor Support regarding incompatibility of some newer Seagate 6TB and above HDD on AS10/31 series, which was merely due to these new HDD lack of middle screw hole from both side :shock: and installation of HDD is not secured......

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”