How to monitor UPS on another NAS?

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

blackegg13
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to monitor UPS on another NAS?

Post by blackegg13 »

Hello Guys

I would like to ask for some help please? Recently I have added new NAS server I have received as a gift. Currently I'm running QNAP TS-453A as my main storage and ASUSTOR AS-202TE (Ver. 2.6.5.R9N1) as a surveillance machine for my CCTV camera.

I have connected APC UPS to QNAP and managed to configure my PC using WinNUT to monitor it and shout down when mains power cut off. I'm seam to be unable to do same to ASUSTOR. I have enabled network UPS support under External Devices -> UPS -> Preferences, but when I click test is always fail.
Done some internet research on subject and found that there is a upsmon.conf file under /etc/ups. When I edit it, it shows line like this:

MONITOR asustor@192.168.1.104 1 admin 1111 slave

Obviously that is wrong if I want to monitor QNAP UPS so I corrected t to :

MONITOR qnapups@192.168.1.104 1 admin <PASSWORD> slave

Done that logged in as ROOT and saved. After the change it will still fail on test. Any idea what I'm missing or how to configure asustor to monitor ups on QNAP??

Thanks
blackegg13

Re: How to monitor UPS on another NAS?

Post by blackegg13 »

Bump?
blackegg13

Post by blackegg13 »

No one have any clue?
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Very likely you are the only one trying to do this. I know I've never thought about it....
blackegg13

Post by blackegg13 »

MikeG.6.5 wrote:Very likely you are the only one trying to do this. I know I've never thought about it....
I thought Asustor staff takes part in this forum, so was expecting at least something from them.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

They haven't been on the forums much of late. You may want to create a ticket through http://support.asustor.com and get some added visibility there.
MonsMagnus

Post by MonsMagnus »

Going to be attempting the exact same thing next week. Any chance you were able to work this out?

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”