AS5002T access from streamers limited with PC off?

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.
greig2000uk
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS5002T access from streamers limited with PC off?

Post by greig2000uk »

Hi,
I have the AS5002T and am hooked up via an Asus RT-AC87U router to a netgear switch that has my WDTV and Mede8er streaming boxes attached (along with my TV, Blu-Ray, Surround sound and Android box).
I can access all my media on 2 x 2TB USB drives just fine from both streamers when my PC is on but not when the PC is off, I can access the NAS with the phone apps Aidata and Aimaster and can stream to my phone or tablet whether the pc is on or off so no problem there. How do I see my NAS from my media streamers with out the need of the PC being on?
orion

Re: AS5002T access from streamers limited with PC off?

Post by orion »

That should be able to achieve it. However how do you access NAS media on your streams? I guess you mounted NAS media on your PC and your streams access media from PC. If your streamers get data by means of DLNA, you can simply install a media server (for example, MiniDLNA, Logitech Media Server, Plex Media Server, ...) from AppCentral on NAS. Then select the NAS server from your streamers.
greig2000uk

Post by greig2000uk »

I access NAS media via both streamers using NFS, the NAS has been configured to allow both streamers access - nothing to do with the PC and I don't use DLNA and have no need for third party apps to do it, my media streamers decode and stream any content my NAS throws at it.
I just cant seem to get the shares visible without the PC being on, any ideas...
orion

Post by orion »

Ok, that's abnormal. I believe there should be something wrong inside your streamers. I guess your streamers might need to access your PC (certain NFS shares from PC?) before they access to NAS. There might be no ways to change it from NAS.
You can test it if you utilize other device to access NFS shares from NAS (when PC is off).
greig2000uk

Post by greig2000uk »

Something wrong with both streamers, highly unlikely. I have no NFS shares from the PC, also as mentioned I have tested with tablets and phone. Both my daughters can access and use the NAS whether the PC is on or off and stream to whatever program they use. Beginning to think your right about no way to change it from NAS.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”