as-304t non-raid jbod

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

george7523
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

as-304t non-raid jbod

Post by george7523 »

hello,

1) does the as-304t support non-raid JBOD mode ? the informational page lists supported modes as :

Single disk, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10

since it differentiates between "single disk", and "JBOD", this makes me think the JBOD it refers to is the non-raid JBOD mode where each disk has its own drive letter. Is this correct ?

2) I looked at the page between AS-304t and AS-204t. they look virtually identical. the only difference i can tell is the cpu speed 1.6GHz vs 1.2GHz. is this correct ?

3) will the cpu speed affect performance of HD streaming to portable devices ? I plan on using plex server to serve mostly 1080p mkv files to android devices. no transcoding involved. will there be a discernible performance difference between as304t and as204t ?

thank you very much for any feedback
sys

Re: as-304t non-raid jbod

Post by sys »

From my persona understanding, JBOD is quite risky, the same as raid 0. it will not show as different volume but only as one volume.

The difference between AS-304T and AS-204T is CPU and also the HDMI output. You can use the comparison table to make the comparison:

http://www.asustor.com/product?product_type=all&lan=en

For Plex Streaming, I would say that the higher frequency CPU should be better as I do not see that Plex is using the hardware decoding but just the CPU.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”