Camera compatibility

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.
bleybboy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Camera compatibility

Post by bleybboy »

Hi all !

First, thank you for your great work on your products which are just incredible. We resell here in France and make happy customers for you ;)

One thing which is missing to us and our clients though, is extensible camera compatibility. We found http://syno.haeflinger.com/index.php/HE ... onCam_V2.2 (in french, but tech lines highly comprehensive) which help for adding a new camera type in the surveillance software from syno (damn, sorry for that !) and which is working very well. Camera videostream are just on other http adresses with sometimes some other auth type and some more or less configuration and possibility (tilt, pan, etc...). So we thought it would be rather easy to arrange it on our new asustor products, but it wasn't!

We have not been able to decrypt Surveillance Center configuration files and reproduce/adapt this...

You released a new version, with some more Panasonic models. But there are hundreds of brands with all hundred of models ! For sure, from time to time a client will reclaim a way to add his already owned cameras... And, yes we agree you support most selled and most popular models and brands, but are sorry to say that won't be enough for many clients !

So, any help appreciated in understanding Surveillance Center camera database. We would then be very happy to gracefuly write a usefull tuto for you :-D

Thanks for reading, and happy holidays from the South of France ;)
bleybboy

Re: Camera compatibility

Post by bleybboy »

Hey,

Happy New Year !... and little up.
Any technical infos please ? Our clients are beginning thinking the Surveillance Center software is just a "none working gadget written on the box just to sell more"...

Thanks,
James.S@AST

Post by James.S@AST »

Happy New Year!

Thanks so much for your feedback.
We take Surveillance Center app seriously, this is a key in-house application.
Our gold is to provide a solution which is flexibility of choice the cameras to use with home and workplace security.
I totally agree with you that there is never enough on camera support for customers.
Which is what we are studying and hope the Surveillance Center can have a better way to work with "un-supported "camera soon.

Many thanks,
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
bleybboy

Post by bleybboy »

Thank you for answering.
So we go on keeping an eye on updates !
James.S@AST

Post by James.S@AST »

Thank you~
We will keep you posted on it.
Wish you have a nice weekend!

Cheers,
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
dididongdong

Post by dididongdong »

Hi,

Can support the IP cam?

http://www.itpro.co.uk/storage/19667/as ... 06t-review

Thanks~
rbatista204

Post by rbatista204 »

Does anyone know if the the will support just the onvif camera's? would really make things easier. i have several IP Cam's from Dahua that are onvif compatible and they wont detect :(

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”