AS604T Asking to Initialise

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.
benners
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS604T Asking to Initialise

Post by benners »

I have recently been having issues with the NAs freezing randomly. Normal time frame was 12 to 24 hours. When I reboot, all is OK and the log does not report anything. I have disabled the apps on the device and this time it froze after a few hours. I rebooted and now it is asking to Intialise. I don't want to do this and I haven't asked for it to start this. has anyone had this issue before?

I am going to remove the 4 drives in the bay and add just one. Let the nas initialise and then remove this drive and re-insert the original raid array drives. Would this work, as in keep the old data?
Thanks

Update Well it did work, so the raid is back to normal. The issue is every 2 hours or so its still freezing. Going to pull it to bits and check if it's getting too hot. Unless there are other suggestions.
Nazar78

Re: AS604T Asking to Initialise

Post by Nazar78 »

The freezing issue seems familiar with https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13642.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
steamship

Re: AS604T Asking to Initialise

Post by steamship »

As Nazar78 alluded to, I'm having similar issues with my AS-04T in the thread they linked to. Can you confirm any recent actions on the NAS that you did prior to these freezes occurring? Was it a firmware update or a new app install. What version of firmware are you running, how much memory does the unit have and what apps are you running? Mine has been running perfectly for years and only started acting up after the last firmware update. Even disabling the majority of apps, I still have the issue.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”