Help with USB hub

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

PudgyPig
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Help with USB hub

Post by PudgyPig »

Hello

I have a AS4004T which has one USB3 port on the back and one on the front. But I have three external drives I would like to keep permanently connected. Can connect a USB3 hub into the back port and then hang three external drives from it? I don't care about the transfer speed penalty, I just want to be able to occasionally search the contents of these older archives.

Thanks in advance for help.

Want to test your mic? Mic test online to see if your microphone is working within second. Learn to fix common mic test issues with these useful tips.
Last edited by PudgyPig on Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
father.mande

Re: Help with USB hub

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
PudgyPig wrote:Hello
I have a AS4004T which has one USB3 port on the back and one on the front. But I have three external drives I would like to keep permanently connected. Can connect a USB3 hub into the back port and then hang three external drives from it? I don't care about the transfer speed penalty, I just want to be able to occasionally search the contents of these older archives.
Thanks in advance for help.
I don't have your model (family arm64) only an arm model ... on this model AS1002T I am able to use a multi-ports USB 3 Hub without problem.
for your information it's a Atolla powered usb hub (4 ports + 1 charging) ... (not bought specifically for the NAS).

BUT remember ... it's not the same hardware (mother board and usb chip) and not the same kernel.
so ... ask Asustor support and have a look to compatibility hardware web page ... even I think limited to external USB box ... I don't verify.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”