using a AS6004U

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.
ZeddPI
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

using a AS6004U

Post by ZeddPI »

Ok, Hello all,

I bought a AS6004U to expand my AS6604T. I installed the drives and initialized it. Calls it volume 33. I can see the volume storage manager, but how do I put file on it?

YO put files on volume 1 which is the NAS, I just go to file explorer, but I do not see the AS6004U listed there. Thought it would show up as an external hard driver or it would show up somewhere as a choice to put files. Maybe I am stupid, but I just do not see it listed anywhere.
orion

Re: using a AS6004U

Post by orion »

You'll need to create a / some shared folder(s) under volume 33. (ADM web -> Access Control). And, of course, setup the access rights. Then you can see those shared folders under File Explorer.
ZeddPI

Post by ZeddPI »

orion wrote:You'll need to create a / some shared folder(s) under volume 33. (ADM web -> Access Control). And, of course, setup the access rights. Then you can see those shared folders under File Explorer.

Thank you so much!

One other question if I may. If you know about the AS6004U. Does it need to be it's own 4 disc volume or can I take the NAS and the expansion be made into one big 8 drive volume?

Again I appreciate your help greatly.
orion

Post by orion »

ZeddPI wrote: One other question if I may. If you know about the AS6004U. Does it need to be it's own 4 disc volume or can I take the NAS and the expansion be made into one big 8 drive volume?
No, you cannot merge internal disks and external disks into one RAID volume. It's an ADM software limitation. I guess it might be caused by volume protection.
ZeddPI

Post by ZeddPI »

[/quote]
No, you cannot merge internal disks and external disks into one RAID volume. It's an ADM software limitation. I guess it might be caused by volume protection.[/quote]

Ok, thank you again.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”