network speed issues

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ZeddPI
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

network speed issues

Post by ZeddPI »

Hello,

I am new to the NAS community.

I have a lockerstor 4

I just upgraded my internet to gigabit speeds. I have FIOS. Before this I had 100/100 Mbps. I used link aggregation and was getting 200+/200+ speeds on my NAS as I expected.

Now That I have a gigabit router(FIOS router). I should be getting better speeds. I am using a netgear gs108v4 switch. If I connect my laptop, I get speeds that are 700+/900+ with or without the switch.

My NAS however is only getting 300+/300+ speeds. Doesn't mater if I connect directly or through the switch. Also link aggregation gives the same speed or slower then having just one connection.

Any ideas or advive?
Nazar78

Re: network speed issues

Post by Nazar78 »

Welcome!

Which link aggregation mode did you applied? Have you tested the local LAN speed between the NAS and laptop? Also test the NAS internet speed without link aggregation directly to the router. What speed are you getting with these? It could be link aggregation compatibility with the switch.

I can achieve 900+ up and down stream on both local LAN and internet.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
ZeddPI

Post by ZeddPI »

Firstly, thank you for the welcome and taking the time to help.

I have tried all of the link aggregation modes.

I have not tried connecting the NAS directly to my laptop.

I have connected my laptop directly to the router and get 700+/900+ speeds. My apple tv also gets that kid of speed.

I have connected my NAS directly to the router with the same cable I used for my laptop and it only gets 300+/300+ with no link aggregation. Also doesn't matter if I try the lan 1 or lan 2 port.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

ZeddPI wrote:I have not tried connecting the NAS directly to my laptop.
Connecting the NAS directly to the laptop is the next step to isolate the issue further but how about connecting both to the switch and do a few GBs single file transfer both ways each see how much you're getting? Try both single and LAGG. On a gigabit usually it'll be around 100-11x MB/s no matter single or LAGG connection.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
davidiiu89

Post by davidiiu89 »

It depends on your mobile that what kind of games it allows you to play on it. Some mobiles don’t allow certain games and if you play those games, your mobile will lag while playing them. So, you must know the specs of your mobile in order to play a game. Click here to check your ptcl speed test here I mostly play games on my laptop and before playing them I test them because some games have some kind of bug that slows down the speed of your internet. I use this tool to make this sure.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”