AS6510T - moving disks around

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MrDanish54
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS6510T - moving disks around

Post by MrDanish54 »

Hi,
I recently bought an AS6510T to replace an AS4004.
I moved the four disks on the AS4004 to the new NAS and - after switching off and on again - it automatically recognised the volume on the four disks.
I then added five more disks (different brand and capacity) and created a second volume.
Is it possible to swap the disks between the slots or does it create a problem? Has anyone tried? Do I need to shut off the NAS first?
Thanks in advance
orion

Re: AS6510T - moving disks around

Post by orion »

Why do you need to do this?
MrDanish54

Post by MrDanish54 »

I am starting to replace the disks with larger ones.
At present I have always to check first in ADM the exact slot of the disk I want to replace.
When I originally installed the disks I did not pay attention to position and I mixed them up.
I'd like to move them around and have the five volume 1 disks on the left, top to bottom, and the five volume 2 disks on the right, top to bottom.
Obviously if this is possible without risks
orion

Post by orion »

You should put the old disks first (left side). Turn NAS on. Check AppCentral if there are any apps needed to update.
Put the new 5 disks to NAS (right side) when NAS is still working. Create volume 2.
If you need to extend volume 1 to 5 disks, you can refer to: https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/online/Co ... ?topic=352

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”