AS6604T with M.2 SSDs?

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sksbir
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: AS6604T with M.2 SSDs?

Post by sksbir »

cristakke wrote:Hi
Sure, the fan control could be awfull, I change the stock fan with a very quiet and fast Noctua PWM and also I put another 2 Noctua inside the case and lower with 5-7 degrees the temperature...
I need to make a new case from scratch in 3D software to cut all the ventilation air like new architecture of fans inside, all the effort to lower temperature... and for what ... In synology I don't need to do that kind of
investment, time and money, and more than that, I try to lower the temperature also in Synology and I put in front on the unit a Noctua 92 mm fan via usb and I measure with the pull and push air to the case and I lower with more then 5 degrees the Synology temperature. The same treatment with front fan on Asustor has almost no result and I decide to put fans inside.
Another interesting factor is... Asustor stay on a room with AC all the time on almost 1 meter from AC unit and Synology stay on other room with no AC and has lower temperature then ASUSTOR who "live" on a very low temperature room 18-20 degrees ... So ... I don't know how ASUSTOR make things but on this sector Synology with plastic case and different design inside NAS has huge advantage, I'm aware the lowest temperature will get the high life of the components inside NAS will have included the most valuable component who is the hard drive...
So this is ...temperature story whit Nmve and the NAS ...
thank you for reply
Keep walking ...
Cristake

I changed my former answer .you obviously missed a n information in it.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”