AS5110T just died. What options to explore?

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

melgi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS5110T just died. What options to explore?

Post by melgi »

Guys,

My 3 1/2 year old AS5110T recently stopped working and it looks like it died. It doesn't startup, nothing happens. One day I arrived home and it just wasn't working. First I thought it was the PSU, so I tried a replacement PSU, but still nothing happens. Now I'm exploring on my options.
1) Is there anything I can do to see if it still works? Pressing power doesn't do anything. As I said a replacement PSU didn't cure the issue as well.
2) If my NAS really died, than my second best option would be to buy a replacement ASUSTOR NAS and swap my HDD's to that to get my data back. The system migration option would work on a comparable NAS like the AS-6210T right?

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Regards,

melgi
orion

Re: AS5110T just died. What options to explore?

Post by orion »

So, the power LED on the front side does not light up? Then, it's highly possible the main board is damaged. You can write a ticket to asustor to check if they can repair it.

And, yes, you can put the original disks (in case that they are all good) to a new asustor NAS. Your data should be ready immediately.
melgi

Re: AS5110T just died. What options to explore?

Post by melgi »

orion wrote:So, the power LED on the front side does not light up? Then, it's highly possible the main board is damaged. You can write a ticket to asustor to check if they can repair it.

And, yes, you can put the original disks (in case that they are all good) to a new asustor NAS. Your data should be ready immediately.
Orion,

That's exactly my issue. Thanx for suggesting contacting ASUSTOR. Maybe they can repair it or replace it. It's 3 1/2 years old, so just ran out of warranty. But I'll contact them.

Thanx!

Melgi

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”