Connect to NAS as an external drive via USB

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

thedudeabides
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Connect to NAS as an external drive via USB

Post by thedudeabides »

Hi,

We have an AS3204T and would like to know if it's possible to connect it to a PC as a regular external drive. We have one application that does not support network/mapped drives so it would need to be attached directly to the PC.

Many thanks
father.mande

Re: Connect to NAS as an external drive via USB

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
thedudeabides wrote:Hi,
We have an AS3204T and would like to know if it's possible to connect it to a PC as a regular external drive. We have one application that does not support network/mapped drives so it would need to be attached directly to the PC.
Many thanks
BASED on your limited message, because perhaps we can solve your problem with another solution that the solution you propose ... please provide detail on real request and why network can't be used)

As I know by hardware NO
workaround solutions :
use an external USB disk (NAS) and move it to the P.C.
use an external USB disk (NAS) and export it to the PC client using USB on IP (all necessary piece of software are provide by Asustor in A.D.M. (mine is 3.3.1))
... this require to have the USB on IP client in the P.C., this client see the device as a local USB device

This works with Linux an Windows (perhaps Mac I don't know)
This require (NAS part) a minimum of Linux skills
Last ...the version provide on Asustor is a client and server in a command (so don't be afraid if some Web page write some command (for binding) not existing in the NAS ... it's only for old version ...

I have used it in the past (~one years ago and not with Asustor delivery but mine), so some tests will be require to validate again the solution ... but no reason that it don't work.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”