compatibility AS-302T and AS-6102T

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Rockel83
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

compatibility AS-302T and AS-6102T

Post by Rockel83 »

Dear people,

I had an AS-302T for some while now, it had some flaws (a bit slow at some point) but I kinda liked it.
Unfortunately thunder struck a few houses away from here last week and it damaged or broke a lot of electronic deveices.

One of them was the AS-302T which was behind a USP with peak protection. Looks like the NAS got damaged via the LAN-port, this since only this LAN port, where the NAS was connected to, was also fried on the router.
When I try to power up, the fan starts spinning and the LED's turn on, but the NAS falls silent within a few secconds.

So I've ordered a new one today and it will probably been delivered tomorrow.

I was using the latest ADM version at this AS-302T, so my question now is: how compatible are these mentioned servers to each other?
- Is it possible to exchange the hard drives without formatting them or changing annything in the filesystem?
- Is it possible to upload backed up ADM settings into the new NAS, to skip the time assuming setup process?

Thank in advance!
orion

Re: compatibility AS-302T and AS-6102T

Post by orion »

My NAS is AS-304T. :D The CPU is 32-bit one. AS-6102T should be 64-bit CPU.
You can simply move all of your disk in the old NAS to the new one (power off state). After turn on the new NAS, everything should be ready (in case that your disks are in good state). The only thing you need to setup is go to ADM -> AppCentral to check your installed applications. You need to upgrade some the them.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”