Network Ports on 7004T

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Saltrams
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Network Ports on 7004T

Post by Saltrams »

I can't find the correct forum for the question I really need to ask. So, before I go off into masses of detail I want to ask...

Why does my NAS have 2 network ports? By which I mean, what can I do with the spare one that isn't connecting my NAS to my home network?

If anyone can direct me to the correct forum to start a question about having my NAS connected to 2 home networks at the same time, I would appreciate that.

Thank you!
wde

Re: Network Ports on 7004T

Post by wde »

A spare or Link aggregation.
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.2.7.RRD1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
Saltrams

Post by Saltrams »

Thanks. If those are the only 2 functions then I suspect my plan won’t work, which is disappointing.

Thanks again.
orion

Post by orion »

You can set to static IP addresses for those "different" home network. That means your subnets on different home network should be different. And the default gateway / router address on NAS should be one of them.
Saltrams

Post by Saltrams »

orion wrote:You can set to static IP addresses for those "different" home network. That means your subnets on different home network should be different. And the default gateway / router address on NAS should be one of them.
Thank you for your reply. Right now I look like a rabbit in oncoming headlights but I will go away and research what you said, to see if I can understand. Thanks again.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”