Samsung 870 QVO 8TB external SSD?

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

onkel
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Samsung 870 QVO 8TB external SSD?

Post by onkel »

I have an AS1104T and in the past have used an external 3.5" HDD to backup the content of my NAS, which worked without a hitch. I recently got a Samsung 870 QVO 8TB external SSD, put that into a 2.5" external enclosure (Inateck), and was planning to use that as an additional backup drive (to keep in a location outside of my house). But it looks like the NAS is not compatible with the drive or the enclosure.

The drive + enclosure work fine under Win10, where I can format it as NTFS or exFAT. When it is formattted as NTFS, I can hook it up to the NAS, it shows up as 8TB drive, but as soon as I start copying stuff to it, it locks up the NAS and then I have to power it off/on to get it back working. When formatted as exFAT, the drive doesn't show up when connected to the NAS. I can also delete the volume (with the Win10 disk manager) and then format it with the NAS (using the external disk app). But using exFAT or EXT4, the drive shows up only having a capacity of a few GB then.

Is there any way to get the drive properly working (e.g. installing an updated SSD driver)? The SSD is not listed under the compatible drives, unfortunately.
Nazar78

Re: Samsung 870 QVO 8TB external SSD?

Post by Nazar78 »

If the drive is not listed under the compatible drives then it's best that you contact Asustor Support.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
onkel

Re: Samsung 870 QVO 8TB external SSD?

Post by onkel »

Thanks - will do

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”