10Gb NIC for AS6706T

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

COO-589
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: 10Gb NIC for AS6706T

Post by COO-589 »

I've raised a Feature Request with ASUSTOR for a 10GbE SFP+ NIC (for DAC) but it's been a dead end...

I've tried that StarTech one and I've also just tried the ASUS XG-C100F (with a heatsink fin cut off) and nothing works...

I haven't tried any other DACs yet, as the current issue is not being able to get a PCIe SFP+ NIC to be recognised as LAN 3 on my AS6706T...

There are some other ones out there that I'd like to try (EDIMAX EN-9320SFP+ V2 / ioi SFP10G-PCIE4XG201 / Plant ENW-9801) but I've spent too much...

I did also raise a Support Ticket for the issues of EZ-Connect and EZ-Router not being functional with ASUSTOR's own AS-T10G2 but that issue also became a dead end...

I desperately want ASUSTOR to release a "AS-S10G2" SFP+ PCIe x4 NIC for these LOCKERSTOR Gen2 models, or, if not, officially provide support for another brand/model such as above...
snapshot

Post by snapshot »

And your wish has almost come true! Asustor announced the AS-T10G3 with 10GbE and two M.2 slots. When it will actually be available is not stated....
COO-589

Post by COO-589 »

Thanks heaps for the heads up!

That's a great product option for 10GbE BASE-T and keeping some M.2 slots - I know there have been a lot of complaints about completely forgoing one to have the other, but not quite what I've been asking for unfortunately.

I'm hoping for a 10GbE SFP+ card option (their AS-S10 accessory line rather than their AS-T10 ones) and I don't need any M.2 slots on it for me (which it probably wouldn't fit with an SFP+ port anyway)...

Fingers crossed that the development of this AS-T10G3 can pave the way for development of a new "AS-S10G2" as well / or that they would just add driver support to let me use my ASUS XG-C100F 10GbE SFP+ card
COO-589

Post by COO-589 »

Not sure if you're aware yet, but they've released the "AS-T10G3" now; a 10GbE (Base-T) NIC with two slots for up to 2280 M.2 SSDs!

I'm pretty keen to grab one and give it a go, but reluctant to spend the money at this point. I have the AS-T10G2 in my AS6706T, but EZ-Connect and EZ-Router just do not work on it for some reason and ASUSTOR support have been completely unhelpful with this as well so I'm just using an integrated 2.5G port and my 10G NIC is unused =[

My requests for a 10G SFP+ NIC or support for a third-party one have also been a total bust...
snapshot

Post by snapshot »

Yes, I mentioned it in February a couple of messages earlier. I've finally just ordered one so waiting for it to arrive. WD UK has a special offer on the 1TB SN700 so the card will be populated with two of those.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”