AS1102T + Tp Link T3U

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Predtech
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS1102T + Tp Link T3U

Post by Predtech »

Hello!
Before at work we used AS3304T and installed Tp Link T3U USB adapter, and everything was fine.
I know it's better to use only Ethernet, but sometimes there is no opportunity (the speed is enough for our problems). But at home I bought AS1102T, and from old memory, I bought myself and Tp Link T3U and after a couple of minutes of unsuccessful trials, I decided to check whether it is suitable, and realized that no.
The question is realistic how to connect it, because I understand that the AS1102T and AS3304T not particularly cardinally different.

Thanks in advance for the answers/advice.
father.mande

Re: AS1102T + Tp Link T3U

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

As I know, T.B.C.
... Archer T3U is only compatible with AS33 series NOT with AS10 ( https://www.asustor.com/service/wifi?id=wifi ) AND this compatibility is announced by user ... and not by Asustor
... ... so perhaps a question to ask to the support, if they can do the job to validate T3U on "old" Arm architecture.

... AS33 use arm64 CPU (armv8l / aarch64) and kernel 4.xxx (exact value not in my memory at this time)
... AS10 use armv7l CPU (32 bits) and kernel 3.10.x (idem just my faulty memory ...)
So perhaps a problem with driver not provide in 3.x kernel or only for 64 bits arch. ... no idea ... but 3.x is considered as a "old obsolete" kernel version

It's for all kind of series, ex. AS50 series use x86_64 arch. with kernel 5.4.x is announced as incompatible with ADM 4.1 (driver incompatibility) using kernel 5.13.x ... it's not due to the CPU/IGP but certainly due to some internal chip or peripheral not correctly managed or with proprietary driver not updatable. ... only Asustor have the response ...

I suppose (in fact pretty sure : https://github.com/jeremyb31/rtl8822bu ) it's possible to create/compile the driver (exist for RasberryPI arm7vl) but in this case, nothing integrated with ADM ... so require manual configuration and tests.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Predtech

Post by Predtech »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

As I know, T.B.C.
... Archer T3U is only compatible with AS33 series NOT with AS10 ( https://www.asustor.com/service/wifi?id=wifi ) AND this compatibility is announced by user ... and not by Asustor
... ... so perhaps a question to ask to the support, if they can do the job to validate T3U on "old" Arm architecture.

... AS33 use arm64 CPU (armv8l / aarch64) and kernel 4.xxx (exact value not in my memory at this time)
... AS10 use armv7l CPU (32 bits) and kernel 3.10.x (idem just my faulty memory ...)
So perhaps a problem with driver not provide in 3.x kernel or only for 64 bits arch. ... no idea ... but 3.x is considered as a "old obsolete" kernel version

It's for all kind of series, ex. AS50 series use x86_64 arch. with kernel 5.4.x is announced as incompatible with ADM 4.1 (driver incompatibility) using kernel 5.13.x ... it's not due to the CPU/IGP but certainly due to some internal chip or peripheral not correctly managed or with proprietary driver not updatable. ... only Asustor have the response ...

I suppose (in fact pretty sure : https://github.com/jeremyb31/rtl8822bu ) it's possible to create/compile the driver (exist for RasberryPI arm7vl) but in this case, nothing integrated with ADM ... so require manual configuration and tests.

Philippe.
Hi Philippe

I may be wrong, but the ARM 7-based processor was installed on the AS10xx series and I now have an AS11xx here a Realtek rtd1296 processor on ARMv8-A (64-bit)

Best Regards
Maksym
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Please forgot my message ... I have read too quickly on my smartphone and do an error (AS10 for AS11)

So you are true and AS33/AS11 use same CPU and same kernel ... so strange if one work and not the second one ...
better is to ask support if ADM is the same ?

Please, excuse me for the error ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Predtech

Post by Predtech »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

Please forgot my message ... I have read too quickly on my smartphone and do an error (AS10 for AS11)

So you are true and AS33/AS11 use same CPU and same kernel ... so strange if one work and not the second one ...
better is to ask support if ADM is the same ?

Please, excuse me for the error ...

Philippe.

It's fine, I'll try and find out, I'll let you know when I get a result, maybe someone else will be interested.
Ramburner

Post by Ramburner »

I have the same NAS and the same usb wireless device, it worked fine for me, didn't have to install anything at all.
I use wired, but one day I wanted to try it out, and it worked great.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”